By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Are you looking forward to Resistance 3?

snyperdud said:
@ everyone saying Insomniac should stop at R2.

Are you guys insane? Or maybe you didn't finish R2? If Insomniac didn't finish off the cliffhangar ending a lot of gamers would be pretty pissed off. I knnow I
would.

They could release a video with R2 SPOILERS FOLLOWNathan Hale going on a killing spree and being put down by the US government, then the nuking of all the Chimera ships, or something stupid.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

If they add splitscreen for storymode and keep everything Resistance 2 have then its a first buy.

Kantor said:
snyperdud said:

Are you guys insane? Or maybe you didn't finish R2? If Insomniac didn't finish off the cliffhangar ending a lot of gamers would be pretty pissed off. I knnow I
would.

They could release a video with R2 SPOILERS FOLLOWNathan Hale going on a killing spree and being put down by the US government, then the nuking of all the Chimera ships, or something stupid.

So instead of another game they release a video? That's worse than not releasing a game, I'd lose a lot of respect for Insomniac.

@ twesterm

I realize the first Resistance had four weapons and thats what I was referring to.

And I I know the entire environment is irrealistic but I always felt that carrying more than 2 weapons felt wrong to me

Kantor said:
cool48 said:
I can't believe how many people didn't enjoy R2, great game IMO. I did miss having a narrator but I mean honestly if the reason you didn't like the game is because there isn't a narrator, well come on.

I like how the health worked and that's how most FPSs are now I don't see why it would be a problem with this game. I also liked how only two weapons could be held at once. How realistic is holding 4 or more guns, Half-Life anyone?

That's exactly the point. Why must it be realistic and copy every FPS and its dog? Why can't it, just for once, be original? What is realistic about WWII being averted and replaced with a race of evil mutants? What it realistic about a giant brain with tentacles floating around and trying to kill you? It felt like Halo and CoD, but Insomniac don't have the FPS-developing skill to make a game of that caliber. So, you end up with a reasonably decent, generic FPS which does nothing new except in the last three minutes. The competitive was just a giant mess (imo), there was no structure, the supposedly amazing new "Skirmish" mode was just a bunch of Capture the Beacons with an occasional "kill everything". The co-op was good, at least, but even that got boring after a while, because it was the same thing again and again, and didn't really rely on teamwork.

As I stated before carrying many weapons to me just feels wrong and I'm happy they changed that. Now obviously I don't want everything to be realistic. I agree that nothing was too different, but I thought the gameplay was great and very fun. I do have to say though that I didn't really enjoy the co-op campaign, I thought that was way too much of a mess. I did enjoy competitive a lot though.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
cool48 said:

@ twesterm

...I realize the first Resistance had four weapons and thats what I was referring to...

What?

Edit was pending...

snyperdud said:
Kantor said:
snyperdud said:

would.

So instead of another game they release a video? That's worse than not releasing a game, I'd lose a lot of respect for Insomniac.

Whatever lets them stop wasting resources on a B-grade FPS franchise and put them into a great new IP can only be a good move.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Yes, i am. The first one was nice, but nothing special, The second is much better, a good game, but miles from being a classic. So i guess the third could continue to improve the series and become the best resistance ever.

not really

I am looking foward to the third one but only because the first was so good. Insomniac did a great job on Fall of Man and you could see that it was influenced by aspects of Ratchet and Clank with the large weapon selection, each of which was unique, varied and just fun to shoot. The story was great and I loved some of the large scale battles, particularly the ones set in the Manchester levels (and it makes a change for me to play a game that's partly set in my city!). I don't know why they altered the second one so much as all the features others have already mentioned made the game far less enjoyable than the first (it was ok but nothing special). The story was poorly paced but I have to say the ending was good and I'm very interested to see where the story goes in the third one, I just hope they remember what made the first game so much fun to play.