By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MP Trilogy "Name the Differences" Thread

Mr Khan said:

Found a new one, actually. It used to be that Ice Pirates could be destroyed by a missile when frozen solid, which is no longer the case. Now only Ice Beams can harm them even while frozen.

That's so wack!  Freeze then missle shattering was awesome.  Boo.

Around the Network

A new attack was added to Meta Ridley's Repetoire: Space Jump. He leaps straight up into the air, then moves just slightly forward, and lands, generating a shock-wave.

Also, you can hit his mouth whenever it's open. I remember you could only hit his mouth in certain instances previously.

Metroid Prime's first form was made just slightly easier, from my recollection. Firstly: when she charges at you, the ground doesn't rumble. In the original, it did, which meant that you often would bump into the air, and get caught in her legs. Also, her tractor beam is somewhat weaker.

Got it with 100%, 8:07.

And also, i discovered that Friend Vouchers are still in there, just unavailable in Metroid Prime proper. So we're going to need to organize something...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

A new attack was added to Meta Ridley's Repetoire: Space Jump. He leaps straight up into the air, then moves just slightly forward, and lands, generating a shock-wave.

Also, you can hit his mouth whenever it's open. I remember you could only hit his mouth in certain instances previously.

Metroid Prime's first form was made just slightly easier, from my recollection. Firstly: when she charges at you, the ground doesn't rumble. In the original, it did, which meant that you often would bump into the air, and get caught in her legs. Also, her tractor beam is somewhat weaker.

Got it with 100%, 8:07.

And also, i discovered that Friend Vouchers are still in there, just unavailable in Metroid Prime proper. So we're going to need to organize something...

Oh son of a bitch.

Does morph ball jumps break the game?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Yeah, you can only get Friend Vouchers in MP3. Theyre the same pain in the ass as always.

Ive just beat Echoes (91%, now im looking for everything else), so ill be playing Corruption soon.

Around the Network
Voltaire said:
Yeah, you can only get Friend Vouchers in MP3. Theyre the same pain in the ass as always.

Ive just beat Echoes (91%, now im looking for everything else), so ill be playing Corruption soon.

Did you play through Prime 1 first?  Geez, you're fast!

Mr Khan said:

It's worth noting that all these changes are the same as those made in the PAL version.

The reason for the arm cannon effects not being in the game is that they were sprites drawn on the originally static arm cannon. Since it moves now, the sprites would not work.

The only thing missing that is a slight bummer, is the rippling water effects in prime 1. Not sure if they are in 2, or not.

One really good improvement is with the enemy A.I.. The space pirates are much more formidable now.

I think the "ease" of the bosses now though, is more due to having such improved controls.

Also, I like the fact that the music for the big plant boss now plays the proper song, and not just a loop of the beginning of the tune as it did in the original version. It's way more intense now.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

BluJay said:
Voltaire said:
Well i beat the boost and spider guardians dieing only once. Those are supposed to be insanely tough right?

Yeah they were insanely tough in the Gamecube, although I didn't have trouble on the spider guardian in the original Prime 2. The boost guardian was a different story....I died at least 4 times against him 5 years ago. I will never forget that.

More changes: the animation for the Phazon Suit is different when you acquire it and the Hive Mecha in MP1 sent out way more war wasp thingies on the 3rd run.

The jingle when you get a key in different.

I died at least 15 times on the boost guardian on Hard mode. As for the Spider Guardian, I stopped playing for 6 months because I just couldn't beat him. Later on, I went back and kicked his ass.

@Mr. Khan

If you can only hurt frozen Space Pirates with the Ice Beam, it is now a no buy.

Snesboy said:
BluJay said:
Voltaire said:
Well i beat the boost and spider guardians dieing only once. Those are supposed to be insanely tough right?

Yeah they were insanely tough in the Gamecube, although I didn't have trouble on the spider guardian in the original Prime 2. The boost guardian was a different story....I died at least 4 times against him 5 years ago. I will never forget that.

More changes: the animation for the Phazon Suit is different when you acquire it and the Hive Mecha in MP1 sent out way more war wasp thingies on the 3rd run.

The jingle when you get a key in different.

I died at least 15 times on the boost guardian on Hard mode. As for the Spider Guardian, I stopped playing for 6 months because I just couldn't beat him. Later on, I went back and kicked his ass.

@Mr. Khan

If you can only hurt frozen Space Pirates with the Ice Beam, it is now a no buy.

Just frozen Ice Pirates, not frozen Space Pirates. Regular space pirates have just the same effect, but the Ice Pirates, who were otherwise vulnerable only to the Ice Beam, are now strictly vulnerable to the Ice Beam.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.