By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MP Trilogy "Name the Differences" Thread

No water effects in Metroid Prime 1 and no arm cannon animation like electrical sparks (wave beam) and the freezing of the arm (ice beam).

Around the Network
Ghutto said:
No water effects in Metroid Prime 1 and no arm cannon animation like electrical sparks (wave beam) and the freezing of the arm (ice beam).

Are you serious? I heard they upgraded the graphics but this sounds like they downgraded it significantly... May be a dealbreaker for me.

Chrizum said:
Ghutto said:

Are you serious? I heard they upgraded the graphics but this sounds like they downgraded it significantly... May be a dealbreaker for me.

It was discussed earlier. Smeags (think it was him) thinks that it's because the arm can freely move now, so they couldn't bring across those same effects.

I don't know what he meant about water effects. I thought the water looked better.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Shoot in the water and it will move, walking on water too, in Metroid Prime 1 the water moves, in Trilogy there's no motion effects.

well thats sucks about the water and arm animations, but I have the gamecube versions if I ever wanna go back and look at ice on a persons arm, this one is for the motion controls :D

Around the Network

also another difference I dont think anyone has mentioned is new widescreen modes :P

2p multi isnt in widescreen :(

In Echoes, the Dark Beam has the same effects as in the GC version. The dark ooze sort of wraps around the arm canon. They must have removed the effects in Prime 1 for some other reason.

Now i'm at that nail-bitingly horrible part where i'm poring over all the lists to figure out the missile expansions i missed (i have 220, and only definitively know of two more, leaving four unaccounted for). I've also isolated the one Pirate Data (it's in Elite Control down in the mines) and one enemy i've glossed over (forgot to scan Power Trooper for some reason) to this point.

I did really notice the difference in lore, finally, when i compared it against my launch guide and came up with distinct problems, so i had to look up a PAL guide on GameFaqs.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Desroko said:

Automatic morph ball jumps? Blah. I'm sticking to bombs - who's with me?

i am, im no noob.

Mr Khan said:

I'll start with what i've seen so far, for Metroid Prime
1: Change in missile ammo classifications: previously being only a 5-missile ammo set, now comes in increments of 3, 5, and 10.

What?  So now there are more missle upgrades to collect then?

2: The music used for the Flaagra boss-fight is somewhat different

By different, do you mean longer or extended?  This song got the shaft in the original Metroid Prime.  The version on the OST took a really nice turn 1:18 in, but this extended part was edited out of GC Prime for some reason.