By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - MP Trilogy "Name the Differences" Thread

Basically, name any subtle (or not so subtle) differences in how the games of Metroid Prime Trilogy operate compared to their original editions.

I'm determined to do it in order, so i've only seen Metroid Prime, a game which i have to have played through at least a dozen times, and memorized a lot of it, so its easy for me to read into the subtle differences. Please add anything you've found.

I'll start with what i've seen so far, for Metroid Prime
1: Change in missile ammo classifications: previously being only a 5-missile ammo set, now comes in increments of 3, 5, and 10.
2: The music used for the Flaagra boss-fight is somewhat different
3: The eyes on the Reaper Tentacles blink now (pretty sure that wasn't the case before, unless i never looked closely at them)
4: Automatic morph ball jumps (pretty sure most people knew about this, but i have to mention it, because it makes getting the energy tank that required triple-ball jumps brokenly easy)
5: Your completion levels are now displayed on the Log Book screen, in terms of percentages of items collected and log entries scanned.
6: Better water textures, something i picked up on in the Flaagra fight.

What else has anyone found?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

-Faster loading times
-some better textures (you can notice the replaced onesvs old ones, at least i can)
-In 2p multiplayer, you can see the charge beam animations

Graphic-wise there are effects like real bloom that were added to the first game, and a few others already mentioned.

I'm gonna have to get this game.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Automatic morph ball jumps? Blah. I'm sticking to bombs - who's with me?

Around the Network

In the Labs at Phendrana Drifts, when it goes dark, it goes *really* dark. I remember that you could still more or less find your way around in the "dark" in the GameCube version, but now i can't see shit in there. You can literally see a few feet in front of you.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

- It's awesome-er.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Automatic morph ball jumps? In the first Metroid Prime?! I didn't knew of that O_O

How does that work?

Edit: Ahh! It's a new thing. No, I didn't knew about that..... agree with Desroko, I prefer doing it manually.

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

i will buy the trilogy when the price drops, for collection purposes.

Soon I'll get this, I can't wait to try out MP with Wii controls, and I've never played MP2, but I'll have to wait a while.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"