By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - So what is the bast value/quality Blu Ray player in the $500.00 range?

Gilgamesh said:

Buy a PS3, it's a no brainer, and is the best Blu-ray player

If all you want to do is watch movies on it then so be it, a lot of people do that, but I HIGHLY dought watching a lot of hours of movies is going to hurt the consoles lifespan...I mean that's what it was made for....

ure confusing lol

I don't want the PS3. Get it?

Around the Network

I'm not so sure, I think Samsung makes some good standalone BR players.

But with the PS3 dropping in price, you might as well just get 2 PS3. One for movies and 1 for gaming. It would only be a $100 difference to pony up.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

sguy78 said:
Gilgamesh said:

If all you want to do is watch movies on it then so be it, a lot of people do that, but I HIGHLY dought watching a lot of hours of movies is going to hurt the consoles lifespan...I mean that's what it was made for....

ure confusing lol

You refuse to get a console AND one of the best BR players available for $200 less than you're willing to spend because you don't want a PS3?

Okay...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

sguy78 said:

Don't bring PS3 fanboy quotes either; if I get a PS3, I'm not going to kill it's lifespan on movies. I want to know what the best standalone Blu Ray player is right now in that price range.

You can already have some second-hand Pioneer for that price. Probably a new BDP-LX70 in the coming months.

The rest of the high-end products is more around 1.000 or even more...(HE marantz/denon = 5k!!!)

You can check a list here : http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/

This Denon seems to be into that price range : http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/transports/high-definition-dvd-players-hd-dvd-blu-ray/denon-bdp-2010ci-1610ci

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Orca_Azure said:
The cheap 100 dollar ones are about as reliable as the $500+ ones. The only thing they're really missing is a name brand attached.

Go learn something :

http://www.audioholics.com/

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
sguy78 said:
Gilgamesh said:

ure confusing lol

You refuse to get a console AND one of the best BR players available for $200 less than you're willing to spend because you don't want a PS3?

Okay...

What part don't you understand? Do you have a standalone Blu Ray player to recommend? If not, stop derailing this thread.

sguy78 said:
Kantor said:
sguy78 said:
Gilgamesh said:

ure confusing lol

Okay...

What part don't you understand? Do you have a standalone Blu Ray player to recommend? If not, stop derailing this thread.

Were just trying to help you save money and gain something more then just a Blu-ray player (The best one on the market) for $200 cheaper...

You should be thanking us

Why so much hate over the PS3?

Gilgamesh said:
sguy78 said:
Kantor said:
sguy78 said:
Gilgamesh said:

ure confusing lol

Okay...

Were just trying to help you save money and gain something more then just a Blu-ray player (The best one on the market) for $200 cheaper...

The PS3 ISN'T the best Blu-ray player on the market though.

Sure it was when the thing launched... but it's stupid to think Blu-ray hasn't gotten better since.

There are better ones for 500 bucks.

If there weren't you'd have to guess that each PS3 was still losing well over $200 a PS3.

sguy78,

You should have asked what the second best BR player is, as you are uninterested in the best one. That would clear things up for some people.

Gilgamesh said:
sguy78 said:
Kantor said:
sguy78 said:
Gilgamesh said:

ure confusing lol

Okay...

This thread was not asking about the PS3. If you don't have anything to suggest other than what was asked, why are you commenting?