By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Launches £82m Ad Push for PlayStation 3 Across Europe

I much prefered the Baby and freaky commercials. Much more unique and Sony style. This new ad is a 'normal' one.

Around the Network

Good advert showing the capabilities of the PS3. Of course games are not mentioned which would be a problem for those whom have never heard of the Playstation brand in their life. Every premiership match I see Playstation is plastered everywhere so FIFA and PES should sell well on Playstation like every other year.

It's this push in EU which makes me think GT5 is a certainty for 2009. There could not be a more perfect game to release in EU. I heard Sony ditched the advert team they had before and looks as though it was a good idea.

Adverts do not suddenly mean the PS3 will now start outselling the 360 in the UK. I don't think the PS3 Slim is ever going to do that besides the first few weeks. Looks like Sony are no longer trying in NA though. :/

This has to be fan made... I mean it looks like an actual commercial.

RPG said:
Good advert showing the capabilities of the PS3. Of course games are not mentioned which would be a problem for those whom have never heard of the Playstation brand in their life. Every premiership match I see Playstation is plastered everywhere so FIFA and PES should sell well on Playstation like every other year.

It's this push in EU which makes me think GT5 is a certainty for 2009. There could not be a more perfect game to release in EU. I heard Sony ditched the advert team they had before and looks as though it was a good idea.

Adverts do not suddenly mean the PS3 will now start outselling the 360 in the UK. I don't think the PS3 Slim is ever going to do that besides the first few weeks. Looks like Sony are no longer trying in NA though. :/

What? Not trying?

I thought a $100 cut was considered trying?

This really is sony falling into the disruption technique. Microsoft will follow soon its great theatrics at the expense of sony

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network

It's more or less the same commercial I saw yesterday. And isn't SCEJ already broadcasting slim commercials in Japan?

RPG said:

well SCEA just hasn't shown the ad yet.They will start within a week

that ad is good but i think they should have like 3 ad

1. this ad
2. show of there games
3. explain ps3 comes with free online and wifi, home ect..

Cool, Now show some adds that feature the dam games.

Yh it was cool still. I liked it. They made it seem fun

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Are people not reading this, or are there comprehension skills lacking?

"Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, which has committed £6m to marketing in the UK, has not run a major ad campaign for the PS3 since the new games console launched almost two years ago."

I say this because there are so many people here saying that £82 is just for the UK....this is not true, £82 is how much they will spend on the whole of Europe's marketing campaign, £6 of which will be dedicated to marketing in the UK, while the rest will be divided amongst other European countries.