By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the rarest game you own?

AdventWolf said:
Haha yea if we only knew, I would have stocked up on a bunch of games.
It makes me wonder sometimes, what games from this generation will become
rare come the next generation.

Well due to the fact that the videogame industry has become so huge and most games have become more numerous then back in the old days, I doubt we'll see too many games this generation reach as high a price demand in the future as most games of the previous generations have done.

My money would be on some niche DS or PSP games that have a low volume of releases and/or have been discontinued.  Some discontinued games like Tetris DS can go for more than twice their original retail price for new copies... I know because I looked for it thinking that since it was TETRIS and that it was published by Nintendo no less, it would be widely availale in stores, but nope!  Why Nintendo would discontinue friggin' TETRIS on the biggest selling portable of all time is way beyond my comprehension lol

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
atma998 said:
AdventWolf said:
atma998 said:
AdventWolf said:
NES: Sunday Funday! $68.00
I had no idea, I’m Rich!

SNES: Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island - $16.15

N64: Super Smash Bros. 64 - $17.59

GC: Mario Kart Double Dash - $15.00

PS1: Final Fantasy VII - $41.00
Clock Tower - $24.64 (Lol I didn’t even want this game, it came in a bundle.)

PS2: ICO - $49.12 (crap!)

PS3: Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots Limited Edition - $49.00

PSP: Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - $23.50

I want Sunday Funday!!!! The last NES game ever released!

Wow you serious? I had no idea lol. It is a great game though, the Angry Video Game Nerd did a video about it but I thought it was a good game and not that hard at all. I guess sure it is a little difficult but not very hard.

Yeah this NES game was released in 1995, a year before the N64 lol

Cool, I never head of that game before... very nice collector's item you got there!

I know that the last Nintendo-published game for the NES was Wario's Woods in late '94, but I also remember reading somewhere that the Jungle Book was also released for the NES in early '95 because that's when the NES was officially discontinued, and I was under the impression that was the last game ever for the NES, but Wiki does in fact back up your claim as the last official NES game released (probably the reason why I never heard of it before lol!)

I also own Jungle Book for the NES, but it was released in 1994.

I'm sure I have some old Amstrad CPC games on tape around somewhere. Off the top of my head:

Starquake

Bomb Jack (with Bomb Jack 2 on the other side of the tape!)- I believe this is available on VC now though.

Oh Mummy

Barbarian

Also had a Lotus (as in the car) game on the PC on floppy disc, but it had the weirdest copy protection thing which I've lost and it won't run anymore, lol.

KylieDog said:
Scoobes said:

Also had a Lotus (as in the car) game on the PC on floppy disc, but it had the weirdest copy protection thing which I've lost and it won't run anymore, lol.

Haha I remember some of those old copy-protection things.

I remember some game I had came with a multiple disc wheel, you boot up the game and it tells you 3 letters, you then line up these 3 letters on the disc ata certain marked spot and needed input the replacement letters for an encrypted message the game displayed.

Probably more effective than modern day anti-piracy methods, since no one would bother to go through that crap every time they play these days.

Same with Lotus, except you had to line up oddly patterned racing helmets... ah the good ole' days!

I don't know :S

Wich one of these would you say is the rarest?

Secret of Mana (in french, released in France, bought it to improve my grades in french) just the cartridge

Sonic CD on Mega CD complete

Comix Zone mint condition complete

and Zelda, Oracle of Seasons. complete

EDIT: And Super Smash Brothers 64 complete (That game is rare?)

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

I've been only buying popular games for such a long time... I think the most rare I get is Blast Corps. for the N64 and Goof Troop and Unirally for the SNES.

Lately, I've been getting Indie titles off steam, but I don't think that qualifies as rare.

This is invisible text!

KungKras said:
Secret of Mana (in french, released in France, bought it to improve my grades in french)

WTF! GIVE ME!

This is invisible text!

I own Kirby's Adventures (NES) in french (NTSC version) released here in Québec. Factory sealed.

At the moment, Ikaruga

@NightDragon -
That's what I thought, some old low release PSP games already can get up to $30. Though with games moving to DD, their value will decrease.

@atma -
Lucky! I don't have any sealed games, the only game that I have that is in its box is Monopoly for the NES, mint. Good game :P.