By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 limited Car damage solution

Bobo012893 said:

Damage isn't absent because they aren't paying the companies, it's absent because they don't have the time to damage model 1000 cars. Honestly why the fuck does everyone care so much about damage.

There has never been damage in a GT game and quite frankly I think it ruins the experience. Just look at Forza. If you run into a wall at 200 MPH you get a minor scratch on your car. If they are going to put damage in the game make it realistic and not just so you can say "look, we have damage!"

nice excuse, even if Forza 2 damage system is not perfect it makes the overall experience more realistic it changes the way you drive your car and the way you race they way you know, IT SHOULD BE IN REAL LIFE - it suppose to be a real driving simulator. you get punished for racing like a maniac in Forza. you get penalty for hitting other cars etc. in GT you can simply bump your way through whole track - that's so realistic isn't it. if Turn 10 could made a whole new game, engine, acquire licences for damage and rollover in 2 years with 400cars with smaller team and budget then how come PD couldn't do it since they announced damage for Prologue before it was even released?

Gran Turismo 5 will be released months after Forza 3 and it still will be inferior to Forza 2 if PD will reconfirm rest of their statements the same way - Yamauchi already confirmed that there will be less than 1000 cars.

Around the Network
Bobo012893 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Bobo012893 said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
they start paying one companies,other companies will also start demanding.That way there development cost will go up

No you don't know what you're talking about. They don't have to pay companies so that they can damage model their cars. Look at Forza. They have Porsches, Lamborghini's, and ferarri's with damage and I doubt that they paid and Polyphony didn't. It just comes down to whether Polyphony had the time to damage model al the cars and they didn't.

They had to model 1000 cars and 60 tracks to perfection. GT5 is pretty much a beta test for PD in terms of damage. They just want to see how everyone responds to it. If they like it, i'm sure they will invest more time into GT6 and have it fully damage compatible for all cars.

No publisher specifically pay's for crash damage to be included in their games.When they pay to license cars for their game,they have the freedom to do whatever they want to do with those cars in the game.All games like NFS,Forza,etc have to pay for licenses.GT doesn't have to license,they just get it for free but without the freedom to add damage to cars.

What the fuck are you talking about (Sorry)? So you're saying that GT5 doesn't have damage because PD wouldn't pony up the cash for it? Firstly, PD can do whatever the fuck they want and car companies can't do shit about it because they are PD. If they wouldn't allow PD to support damage in their game then PD would just remove their cars from the game and they would lose brand exposure to more than 50 million people worldwide (estimated).

Secondly,  GT as a franchise sells over 10 million copies with every installment. I'm pretty sure that the reason that most cars don't have damage in GT5 isn't that they are short on cash. It is because they didn't want to spend the majority of their time modeling damage on over 1000 cars.

Edit: I also never stated that companies have to pay for crash damage. When I addressed it I was talking from a theoretical point of view. I meant to say that IF they had to pay to have crash damage in their game, then they would have, just like Turn 10.

What the fuck are you talking about (Sorry)? So you're saying that GT5 doesn't have damage because PD wouldn't pony up the cash for it? Firstly, PD can do whatever the fuck they want and car companies can't do shit about it because they are PD. If they wouldn't allow PD to support damage in their game then PD would just remove their cars from the game and they would lose brand exposure to more than 50 million people worldwide (estimated).

WORNG.50m is total sales figure of all GT games.Most of the people buying every installment of it.So at max GT has a fanbase of 15-20m.

Secondly, GT as a franchise sells over 10 million copies with every installment. I'm pretty sure that the reason that most cars don't have damage in GT5 isn't that they are short on cash. It is because they didn't want to spend the majority of their time modeling damage on over 1000 cars.

I never said that they were short on cash.There is no way in hell,they would just spoil one of the costliest game projects by stop funding it after they have already spent alot of time and a gazillion dollars on it.

Edit: I also never stated that companies have to pay for crash damage. When I addressed it I was talking from a theoretical point of view. I meant to say that IF they had to pay to have crash damage in their game, then they would have, just like Turn 10.

You never understood my post.I never meant to criticize PD or the GT franchise.I love GT games.But you just wanted to mock off all i said.

Car manufacturers Conflict

waron said:

you get punished for racing like a maniac in Forza. you get penalty for hitting other cars etc. in GT you can simply bump your way through whole track - that's so realistic isn't it. 

Clueless, but your self-confidence is hilarious. 

@Bobo012893

please give it a rest mate. Solidsnake is right on this one.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Solid_Snake4RD said:

WORNG.

Made me laugh.

Around the Network
waron said:
Bobo012893 said:

Damage isn't absent because they aren't paying the companies, it's absent because they don't have the time to damage model 1000 cars. Honestly why the fuck does everyone care so much about damage.

There has never been damage in a GT game and quite frankly I think it ruins the experience. Just look at Forza. If you run into a wall at 200 MPH you get a minor scratch on your car. If they are going to put damage in the game make it realistic and not just so you can say "look, we have damage!"

nice excuse, even if Forza 2 damage system is not perfect it makes the overall experience more realistic it changes the way you drive your car and the way you race they way you know, IT SHOULD BE IN REAL LIFE - it suppose to be a real driving simulator. you get punished for racing like a maniac in Forza. you get penalty for hitting other cars etc. in GT you can simply bump your way through whole track - that's so realistic isn't it. if Turn 10 could made a whole new game, engine, acquire licences for damage and rollover in 2 years with 400cars with smaller team and budget then how come PD couldn't do it since they announced damage for Prologue before it was even released?

Gran Turismo 5 will be released months after Forza 3 and it still will be inferior to Forza 2 if PD will reconfirm rest of their statements the same way - Yamauchi already confirmed that there will be less than 1000 cars.

Since when a game's good and bad is based on the damage models?

Don't talk about real life damage. In real life you are dead in a 200mph collision.
But you don't die in a game with a 200mph crash. It's not simulating isn't it?

Turn10 did not model the cars themselves. They out-sourced the vehicles modeling to 3rd party aka Rabcat Studio ( http://www.rabcat.com ).
I don't know how many employees does Turn10 have but I bet it's bigger than PD with it combined with the out-sourced companies working together.

PD does everything in-house. Not saying out-sourcing is bad but there are way more people working on F3 than you think.

You don't have any proofs of the budget for both titles so stop talking crap out of your ass.

Sounds like you haven't played much GT. Bumping your way through the whole track won't get you anywhere.
FYI, you also get penalties for hitting other cars and taking short cuts on the track. Get your fact straight before your mindless bashing.
I guess it's time to start to learn how to drive on a track properly instead of abusing the game mechanic.

You know there's a driving line option for reckless drivers like you?
I bet you're going to crash on to the wall all day long in F3 without the auto braking.

Splitting the cars into damage/non-damage classes has a big problem... which of them are going to be played online? Surely you can't have some people getting damage and others not getting it.

Seems to me like it would be better to eliminate damage completely if they can't have it on all the cars.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Most likely the cars will be separated into classes.
Probably the race cars, WRC, Nascars will get damage.

NJ5 said:
Splitting the cars into damage/non-damage classes has a big problem... which of them are going to be played online? Surely you can't have some people getting damage and others not getting it.

Seems to me like it would be better to eliminate damage completely if they can't have it on all the cars.

I don't think we have enough information on this to cause this level of speculation.  Can we wait until the game releases, or at least the official feature list is published before we worry about this?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Oniichan said:

+ 1 to Bobo012893. Agree 100% with that.

I never cared for damage in GT (still dont). Its only fanboys complaining that FM has damage so GT should (which i think it doesnt need it).

I don't even own a X360, nor do I care about Forza one bit, but I'll still say it will be a disapointment if GT doesn't have damage. My F1 game for the N64 had damage and was a great racing game. It allowed you to lose your wheels, spoilers, and engine, which prevents you from cheating and half cutting across the grass.

Instead of being a GT fanboy and saying "previous ones didn't have it, so who cares" why not be a realist and realize pretty much every other race simulator has damage and GT should too.

Oh, and if you slam head-on into a wall at 200MPH, then your car should be totaled and you should be out of the race, seems rather simple to me. They don't need to show a crumple animation like in burnout, but they can just kill the car and say you lose for being a horrible driver.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)