By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Don't denie 54.2% failure rate is true.

To Hell with MS because they take care of there customers and admit that there WAS  a problem! Unlike some other companys and faulty dvd drive issues.

Rite?

Around the Network

I have a launch 360. Now I'm scared :(

I LOVE ICELAND!

@Axumblade but the fact is MS still takes care of there customers :) While Sony did not last gen despite having the best selling console last gen.

PS3 fail rate of over 10% CONFIRMED !!!!

Someone should kick those greedy SONY asses. /sarcasm

Thread/survey based on non professional data is fail.

In all honesty I'd guess that the % of the first year of 360 consoles that were actually used on a consistent basis was higher than 54%. Though I also believe that the newer models have a much lower rate.

And the study means pretty much nothing to me... there are too many fanboys out there that lie to make one console look good or bad.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Around the Network

It really makes you wonder how many of the Xbox 360 sales where just a second purchase from consoles that weren't covered by the warranty or people that just wanted another 360 immediately.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

hatmoza said:
It really makes you wonder how many of the Xbox 360 sales where just a second purchase from consoles that weren't covered by the warranty or people that just wanted another 360 immediately.

That could be a small percentage, but if it were any major number (over a couple million) then the software sales wouldn't match up. 

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

heruamon said:
Well...I've bought 6 360s, and not ONE of them has RROD...not a since one....knock on wood. So, I guess I'm making up for those people who've had 9 and 10 all by their lonsome self...

Question: why 6 360's?

they didn't deny them thats the thing.

so it's that , or probably way higher.

Im still on my launch 360...well technically my kids are since I bought an elite a year or so ago so I could have hdmi, but anyway both are still working fine. My 60gb PS3 is working fine as well. Maybe im just lucky. Incidentally I have been though 5 PS2's so far but keep rebuying those as well...kinda makes me wonder about the failure rate last gen with the PS2's I dont know a single person that hasnt had at least 2 of them.