By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS Don't denie 54.2% failure rate is true.

NJ5 said:
I think people got used to ignore hardware failures during the PS1 and PS2 era.

Not saying the PS1 and PS2 were as bad as the 360 is, but they were still pretty bad in terms of reliability.

That actually is what makes me NOT want a 360. I hated when my PS2 failed on me, so much so I promised myself never to buy a known faulty console. I held off on buying a PS3 because I wanted to be sure it was reliable (that and waiting for 1st price drop). I refuse to spend money on a 360 due to reliability.  Bit of a shame because I'd love to tryout Fable 2 and Gears of War.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

Not saying the PS1 and PS2 were as bad as the 360 is, but they were still pretty bad in terms of reliability.

I never owned a PS, but my original xbox worked fine from day one, until I traded it for my first 360.  My brother-in-law was a Metal Gear fans, and he went thru 3 ps2...I know because I bought the last one as a gift.  My nephews when thru 2 ps2 as well...and they had their xbox, until one of them plugged it into a 220V and blew it out...but it was a $50 repair.  My point isn't to make excuses for the problems of the 360...we all know the consoel had some design failures and flaws, but M$ sucked it up. coughed up the cash, and is working to fix the design.  I've got my 360 (knock on wood) and it's had no problems...I keep it on a cooling pad, and I leave it on for long long periods to download stuff.  If it breaks tomorrow...so be it...I'll send it in, and get it repaired...free of charge.  So when one ask WHY...its because it has the games you want, and with a 3-year warranty, you're golden!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

well I hope they learned from their mistakes. Overall MS has been great for me because they were quick to replace my rrod console last year.

Scoobes said:
NJ5 said:

That actually is what makes me NOT want a 360. I hated when my PS2 failed on me, so much so I promised myself never to buy a known faulty console. I held off on buying a PS3 because I wanted to be sure it was reliable (that and waiting for 1st price drop). I refuse to spend money on a 360 due to reliability.  Bit of a shame because I'd love to tryout Fable 2 and Gears of War.

Yeah, but unless that faulty ps2...you get it repaired for free...sure you lose time playing...but I've got so many options, if my 360 was OOC, I could simply play PC games, like I'm doing down with Champions Beta, while playing Shadow Complex, and tryign to get geared up to start playing madden.  Now, if M$ was like "Fuck You" customer...then gamers would have a very legitimate gripe...imho.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

BladeOfGod said:
yo_john117 said:

The fail-rate of all 360's put together probably are around 54%  But the fail rate of the new 360 models are way way lowere.  Probably around 10%

And then there's that little thing called 3 year warrenty and such.  So should you worry about it? the answer to that is no.

you do know most of people get RROD after the warrenty rans out?

HOLY SHIT! The warranty on the launch models just ended in november 08. You mean to tell me there has been more RROD from 11/08 than the 3 years it was out before? Do you think before you post?

Around the Network

that small % sample In my Opinion, is just that a Small sample i do not think it's the xbox360 shipped #'s as a whole since the system was released. Robbie once said that all 11 million shipped xbox360's had a very high failure rate. but after that number many new xbox360's do not have anywhere that level of a failure rate. but still 11 million xbox360's out of 30+ million is still a big chunk. though this will slowly scale down on the number of failure prone systems.

out of the orig. 11 million failure prone systems there is no telling how many are still out there waiting to be sent back for repair.

at this point the failure rate % being that high is prob. due to those systems still from that 11 million. and that's indeed quite a bit of the total number of systems out there.

its not going away anytime soon, but it is going away.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

heruamon said:
Scoobes said:
NJ5 said:

Yeah, but unless that faulty ps2...you get it repaired for free...sure you lose time playing...but I've got so many options, if my 360 was OOC, I could simply play PC games, like I'm doing down with Champions Beta, while playing Shadow Complex, and tryign to get geared up to start playing madden.  Now, if M$ was like "Fuck You" customer...then gamers would have a very legitimate gripe...imho.

Thats where you and me differ, it's not the cost that annoys me so much as the hassle of having to go through customer services and get them to send me a new/repaired console. Its a waste of my personal time to get something sorted that really shouldn't be a problem in the first place. I'm lazy like that . Of course paying for that repair is worse, but its too much hassle either way.

Scoobes said:
heruamon said:
Scoobes said:
NJ5 said:

Thats where you and me differ, it's not the cost that annoys me so much as the hassle of having to go through customer services and get them to send me a new/repaired console. Its a waste of my personal time to get something sorted that really shouldn't be a problem in the first place. I'm lazy like that . Of course paying for that repair is worse, but its too much hassle either way.

@Scoobs

I can see your point, but also the very fact that Microsoft has indeed been fixing this very issue does show they are trying to fix it the best way they can.I think your view is very valid and when you feel better about it I hope you will make the choice that is best for you like you have been.

a few friends I have already purchased the xbox360 and there have been some that have had failure systems, but on the one's that have not have had a system that has had the unfortunate luck to fail, they are still having a blast with the system.

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

I still can't belive that MS have not been taken to court about their failure rate yet. To make a product that fails that much (it doesnt matter that they replace it for free, it should not happen in the first place), well it is actually against the law (here in Britian at least). Im not sure if there is the same law in America (their probably is). In Britian it is against the trading standards guidelines, maybe someone here could tell me if there is an Amercan law that forbids this sort of practise.

It disgusts me that in their effort to have a product on the market a clear year before Sony they have disregarded the law (Well at least British law).

Sony want to make money by selling art, Nintendo want to make money by selling fun, Microsoft want to make money.

@only777

the point is Microsoft has issued the extension on the return of an xbox360 from 1 year to 3 years and its covered. has offered the consumer the fix to this issue.

yes rushing out the xbox360 to the market was a good and bad move, and the system at one time had 100% failure rate (that was only when the total 11 million was first shipped) but on the same token Microsoft has been working to fix the issue.

if Microsoft did not even try that's one thing.

Microsoft is that's the big point. Microsoft did not do a recall and some consumer's may find that the big problem. They may see that as letting the consumer down, but the very fact that Microsoft did indeed listen to the consumer's, and did put forth the over a 1.8 billion toward fixing this issue, should show that .

some may still view it as wrong on Microsoft's part but for me I cannot fault them for atleast trying to fix this issue, and it seem's they are .

I AM BOLO

ps: