By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS360 Owners, This is the Golden Age of Gaming is Now. Wii Fans, join Us.

Whether you like a game or not has nothing to do with the quality of it. Those are good games, whether you like them or not. I hated Fallout 3 but it's still a good game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

So that makes the game lame, or its sequel? Just admit you were wrong in the first place.

MontanaHatchet said:
So that makes the game lame, or its sequel? Just admit you were wrong in the first place.

For me it makes the game lame, yes, if i'm not interested in something, then its lame, imo

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Also montana your argument that Metroid is a shooter because you shoot things is ridiculous, heck you can shoot things in mario Galaxy with those star bits, but no one in their right minds would call it a shooter, there is a reason Metroid is called an FPA and not an FPS, Metroid is more like a first person Zelda than a shooter (for example not many shhoters have a lock on, zelda on the other hand has a lock on)

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Also montana your argument that Metroid is a shooter because you shoot things is ridiculous, heck you can shoot things in mario Galaxy with those star bits, but no one in their right minds would call it a shooter, there is a reason Metroid is called an FPA and not an FPS, Metroid is more like a first person Zelda than a shooter (for example not many shhoters have a lock on, zelda on the other hand has a lock on)

Yeah, but shooting is a major component in many Metroid games. Shooting star bits in Super Mario Galaxy is really not important at all. And the point still stands. You would enjoy some of those games, you'd just never try them.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Yeah, but shooting is a major component in many Metroid games. Shooting star bits in Super Mario Galaxy is really not important at all. And the point still stands. You would enjoy some of those games, you'd just never try them.

Shooting is a far smaller component of Metroid than in Halo or Bioshock, scanning and exploration are much more important, and actually I have played the predecessors of many of those sequel games a bit, and I have not found them that interesting, so the idea that I just havn't given them a chance is disporven since I doubt their gameplay will be that wildly different from their predecessors

Avinash_Tyagi said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Shooting is a far smaller component of Metroid than in Halo or Bioshock, scanning and exploration are much more important, and actually I have played the predecessors of many of those sequel games a bit, and I have not found them that interesting, so the idea that I just havn't given them a chance is disporven since I doubt their gameplay will be that wildly different from their predecessors

You've played the predecessor of Bioshock? I assume you mean System Shock, but those aren't even in the same series. And you shouldn't just make assumptions about Halo 3, ODST, etc., because of what little you have probably played of Halo 1 or 2. And have you really played the predecessors of every game on this list, even some that are new IPs? I wonder.

I find it funny when people say "Racers, FPS, 3rd person, action adventure, all overdone"

Lets just pretend platforming hasn't been done to death a thousand times over either.

These genres stick because they're good, get over it. A new Halo game is exactly the same as a new Mario game. They're both just as overdone. BUT AWESOME.

MontanaHatchet said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

You've played the predecessor of Bioshock? I assume you mean System Shock, but those aren't even in the same series. And you shouldn't just make assumptions about Halo 3, ODST, etc., because of what little you have probably played of Halo 1 or 2. And have you really played the predecessors of every game on this list, even some that are new IPs? I wonder.

No I meant Bioshock 1, since Bioshock 2 is on the list.

And I really don't see anything different in Halo 3 and ODST from Halo 1 and 2

Also less than half the games are new IPs, most of them are sequels, maybe one or two of the new IPS may turn out to be really good but I've not seen anything that makes me want them.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

No I meant Bioshock 1, since Bioshock 2 is on the list.

And I really don't see anything different in Halo 3 and ODST from Halo 1 and 2

Also less than half the games are new IPs, most of them are sequels, maybe one or two of the new IPS may turn out to be really good but I've not seen anything that makes me want them.

again as previously stated, If you're going to say Halo 1 2 and 3/ODST are the same, you might as well go ahead and say every main mario game is the same, and SMG2 is the same as SMG. This is a stupid argument and you should not make it. The only things similar are the mechanics, the environment and the multiplayer. Why the heck would they be any different? if it was, it would be a new IP..? Heavy Rain, Alan Wake, Dragon Age: Origins, Demon Soul's are more new IPs than nintend has put out in a long, long time. Infact, Heavy Rain and Alan Wake are incredibly innovative ground breaking titles that are pushing our medium far beyond what it is usually used for. Dragon Age: Origins is a HD love letter to the best wrpgs ever made, and Demon Soul's is an incredibly unique, challening game with an online system unlike anything on the market.

I know you love Nintendo, and that's fine. But don't talk about sequels or "doing the same thing as the other games in the series". If anyone knows about doing the same stuff over and over again, that's Nintendo. Basically every Zelda outside of Majoras mask and the four swords adventures are just as much the same as every other zelda as Halo 1/2/3 are. And Guess what? ODST is going to be a lot different. Ever hear of Mario? hasn't he been basically the same for the last.. i don't know, since he existed? The 3D games are the same as every other 3d game and SMG is basically Super Mario 64 in space. Metroid Prime 1, 2 and 3 are just as much the same game as Halo 1/2/3 are and every 2d metroid is again, basically the same game. There's a reason why.. BECAUSE IT WORKS. They are all amazing games, Nintendos, Halo, Final Fantasy, whatever. The reason they are here is because they are good, and the formula works.

I'm sick of seeing comments like this, there's litterally no place for them in this discussion. An individual posts a list of games hes excited about, extends his arm in brothership to someone who hes been agaisnt for a long time, and you just have to come in here and shit the place up. On top of that, with completely ludacris statements. Are you out of your mind?

Let me put this straight for you.

Zelda: Story about a guy who doesn't talk, tries to save the world from some evil, usually involves gannon being the final boss, a princess or female of some sort, some sort of ally(Epona, navy, the pirate guy from the phantom hourglass, midna from twilight princess) Enter some dungeons, collect some new gear, get an item, move to the next dungeon, get some hearts, get some magic, collect faries, same style of music, same visuals, generic zelda story thats worked for its entire life.  Each game has a minor twist in plot to make it fresh.

Mario: I don't need to say anything, it's absolutely obvious.

Metroid: Same as above, its been the same since it was released. The 3d game are just 3d.

No flaming intended, just showing you how much of a troll you're stringing along here. It's just silly. Every developer rehashes ideas, its how they establish ideas and consumer loyalty. And you know what? this list contains one of the most innovative and creative game series of all time, and you still bash it. It blows my mind.

The Last Guardian will be a more beautiful, emotional, unique experience than anything that comes out this gen, I put everything I own on it.