By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet % Cleank demo is SWEET!

kber81 said:
Rath said:
Important question?

Did they fix the bump mapping? I expect they did, but will be hugely disappointed if they didnt.

What was wrong with bump maps? Everything looks great. I didn't spot any flows.

It was just in a couple of earlier screenshots I seem to remember them not having bump maps, it looked terrible and I figured they were pretty certain to fix it. Sounds like they have, thanks kber =P.

Around the Network

Wow, I didn't even want this game (Never played R&C before)--but I downloaded the demo last night and the Conan demo too....anyhow

Ratchet & Clank is a first day buy for me--the demo was AWESOME!  Beautiful & FUN!
Conan--not so much--TERRIBLE. Worst hack & slash game I've ever played.

Well, I now only have access to a PS3 & 360...Plan on buying a wii soon (lol, if I can ever find one available!) but will probably wait until some of the major RPG's come out like Dragon Quest & Tales, etc.

Anyhow, I'm so far behind in games to play that I'm not in a huge hurry (lol, haven't even gotten a chance to finish God of War II yet!) 

Apostrovich said:
Anyone who complained abou the auto aiming, press L1 before you start shooting. It shifts you into basically over-the-shoulder RE4 mode, it kicks ass.

Yeah that over the shoulder aiming was pretty sweet.

I'll take the case!!!

Oh WOW! The game rocks -of course i can't put it in the same league as Mario Galaxy- but it's easily the best game on the PS3's lineup this year. I'm loving the demo!

the graphics O_O

Ive never seen anything that good... it looks like a pixar movie. Naw you cant compare the screenshots because when your playing it on a 720p HD TV it looks amazin!!

mM
Around the Network
grandmaster192 said:
Apostrovich said:

Wait a minute. She took your PS3, and not your computer? You mom is nice, man. My mom used to virtually cut the power to my room. If she could have found a way to keep me from reading a book she'd have done it.

EDIT---lol she took my gamecube once, I didn't have it for two months, and the only reason I got it back was because she forgot she had it, and made me clean her car, which happened to be where she hid it, so I stole it back.

She was going to take the computer, but she figured the playstation 3 was enough, I guees. I mean, I have a Playstation 3, xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, DS and PSP; so she can't take everything. She knows the Playstation 3 is my favorite console, and I have the most games for it, lol. I cleaned my room up, though, so hopefuly she gives it back today.

WTF, a ps3,xbox360, wii, ds, and psp?  Damn you're spoiled.

Mars said:

it opens with a cutscene that looks freaking great but then the gameplay starts, this is where you go wow. Thats how the damn game play looks, its like the opening cut scene. This is what nextgen is, its easily the best looking game on PS3 maybe better then Uncharted.

It just looks so damn good, if your like me and tired of the whole gray dark browm shooters this is what you need. Lively colors and cool crazy explosions running arond in a huge lively world full of action.

Iam not a reviewer or writer so i cant write better impressions, so all i can say it it looks to be a great fun game for everyone.

(as the demo it self, much better then Heavenly Sword one)

First of all, the other R&C games have gameplays that look like the cutscenes. Even the Spyro games did that. Real-time cutscenes have been possibl in polygon graphics since near their beginning. This is not a dig ad Tools. I'm just pointing out I would have expected nothing less from this fine series.

Aslo, the game may have great art direction, but I doubt it pushes the system, since Insomniac's MO is to avoid pushing the processors and memory in order to ensure huge levels and great framerate. Resistance did that as well (and aside from the lighting engine, Halo 3 seemed to borrow that design philosophy). Good art direction is just the cherry on top. 

In short, this game doesn't show off the power of the PS3, but it doesn't have to. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

yeah!!! very nice game!

"""""I ve never seen anything that good... it looks like a pixar movie. Naw you cant compare the screenshots because when your playing it on a 720p HD TV it looks amazin!!""""""

==> I know some people here that don't like when you compare this game to a pixar movie ... take care leo-j ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
"""""I ve never seen anything that good... it looks like a pixar movie. Naw you cant compare the screenshots because when your playing it on a 720p HD TV it looks amazin!!""""""

==> I know some people here that don't like when you compare this game to a pixar movie ... take care leo-j ...

lol a pixar movie with guns lol, this games looks great and the many weapons thing is very good.