By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet % Cleank demo is SWEET!

I'm downloading it right now. Heavy

Around the Network

Seems cool but with too many titles coming, i don't think i'll buy it.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Oh thank goodness I saw this topic, I had no idea it was out, downloading as we speak. Can't wait to play it, I have been looking forward to this game for some time.

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

My work has the demo downloaded, so I just gave it a quick play (10min) just then. Some thoughts:

- gfx in the intro were amazing. I was expecting the game "in the game" - they are not as good, but still very nice.

- the framerate is 60fps, which is most important (I think anyway). It feels really fluid and nice.

- the game still feels completely(?) linear, and reminds me of the first R&C (that I played). Its a bit of a pity that with the nice "city" in the background, that most of it is for show - and not actually part of the game. You can't just head out and explore to your hearts content.

- definitely an action game, with heaps of stuff happening. lots of particles, fireworks, explosions, etc. All good eye candy :)

- I personally can't get used to this "auto-aiming" stuff anymore. I was just wandering around, pressing the fire button - not actually aiming at anything. All the enemies still died - it was at the start of the game though, so maybe this isn't a bad thing.

All in all, it looks like a much prettier version of the old R&C - which is a good thing. There might have been sixaxis segments, but I didn't get up to them. A very solid, very pretty PS3 game for those that like R&C "candy" action style games (9/10 - quick score).

If I had a PS3, I would almost certainly get this. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Day one purchase. This is what I call complete package. Game is extremely solid - looks sweet, sounds great and gameplay is really cool. Environment looks freaking awesome. This is the best looking PS3 game so far. City lives and you can feel it. The best thing is everything works (as shams already pointed) ultra smooth. For me it's another title of second wave of real PS3 games (besides HS). I don't find linear levels annoying. Insomniacs shows class once again.

Around the Network

Important question?

Did they fix the bump mapping? I expect they did, but will be hugely disappointed if they didnt.

Rath said:
Important question?

Did they fix the bump mapping? I expect they did, but will be hugely disappointed if they didnt.

What was wrong with bump maps? Everything looks great. I didn't spot any flows.

Man, my mom took my playstation because my room wasn't clean! Dammit!

Mars,

just a question,

do you think the game is as good as the ingame screen shots we can see on the web ?????

do you see aliasing ????

thx

Time to Work !

I can't wait to try this weekend. So far this is the only game my cousin is picking up for the PS3 though I hope he ends up getting Haze as well.