By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Major news from Capcom for the ps3 next week?

roadkillers said:
I bet if it was released for the PS3 it would probally make the same amount of sales. Seriously all that really sells on nintendo systems is Nintendo games.

And looking at the PS3 I could argue that all that sells on Sony systems now are sony games. Stop using the Gamecube's failure and the Wii's poor early third party support to float such falsities as if they'll ever remain a steady trend in times of success. What of Raving Rabbids, REd Steel and RE4 (a second port)? did they not sell well on the Wii even despite its rocky start? Capcom has ony attributed its phenomenal profits this year to the Wii so we can assume that Capcom's games are at least selling on the Wii.

I would imagine maybe exlcusive content for RE5, Street Fighter exclusivity or a new IP. I'd prefer a new IP so I wouldn't feel a beloved franchise had been lost. New Games like Lost Planet and Dead Rising are a perfect example of this as they don't hurt current fans because they don't betray past console allegiances held by pre-existing franchises. Though after the Monster Hunter Coup, it makes you wonder why Capcom would feel any need to throw the PS3 a bone if money was their true incentive.

Around the Network

Just found out this link

http://www.capcomunity.com/

Lost Planet 2?

It's Capcom, don't get too serious, things may change later......

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

roadkillers said:
I bet if it was released for the PS3 it would probally make the same amount of sales. Seriously all that really sells on nintendo systems is Nintendo games.

There is some truth in that. 

Nintendo is good at what they do when it comes to their 1st/2nd party line-ups.  Almost all Nintendo's titles are heavy hitters that can sell very well.  Because of that, however, 3rd parties need to try even harder because they're competing with Nintendo for customers.

Microsoft has this to a small degree with their 2nd party line-ups and Halo, but otherwise it's not on the same level as Nintendo.  Sony doesn't have it at all really so developers aren't really competing against the console owner game-wise as much as the other two platforms.

I think this is generally good for the industry though.  Nintendo sets a pretty high bar for quality that I think more developers should aspire to.

leo-j said:
@rocketpig

Yep thats why Lost planet went on the 360 exclusively.

They said that after Lost Planet launched, junior. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

whats monster hunter 3 BTW. It seems like a stupid game anyway.

Peace.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

I would prefer it be sequels to Lost Planet or Dead Rising, both good but mediocre games that wouldn't be too terribly missed by any huge fanbase.

Why do you hate Playstation, Gamer Girl Elite? There consoles have fan-bases, too, and they deserve Capcom games just as much as any other console.

roadkillers said:

Well, when third parties put garbage software on a console, what else do you expect? I mean seriously, I am damn sick and tired of third parties whining about not being game to sell on Nintendo platforms. Third party titles don't sell on Nintendo platforms because of the third party developers.

I will give you a prime example. Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. Nintendo gave Konami the development team to program the game, they footed the bill for developing the game, all Konami had to do to ensure that the game sold well was advertise it. So you think that Konami would bust out with huge ad campaign since Nintendo bent over backwards to reduce their cost burden to zero right? Wrong. Konami had virtually no ad campaign for Twin Snakes. No TV ads at all and a few print ads in game magazines. Print ads in game magazines are joke. I mean if you have a subscription to a game magazine you already know about the game and when its coming out. Konami said that they were scared that they would confuse the customer since MGS3 was coming out soon after MGS:TS. MGS3 came out 8 months after TS in North American, 9 months in Japan, and a full year later in PAL territories.

When third party developers put for the same effort on Nintendo platforms as they do on other platforms on a consistent basis, their games will sell. Slapping piss poor motion controls on a PS2 game is not an honest effort on their part. Developing a game and not advertising it to make the public aware of it, is not an honest effort. Konami in particular seems to think they can drop a game on store shelves with no ad campaign and it will sell.

GGE ... the truth is that 3rd party games arent selling stellar at this point on the Wii . I would also like to see an exclusive PS3 Capcom game ... if no , they could loose many fan support later on .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

grandmaster192 said:
Why do you hate Playstation, Gamer Girl Elite? There consoles have fan-bases, too, and they deserve Capcom games just as much as any other console.

no one deserves games, they earn them. I don't hate playstation, I'm just speaking from the standpoint of losing a franchise to a foreign console, simple as that. Think of it as speaking in third person terms if you need to.