By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Daniel Bryan is retiring. Not sure if it's because he gave up trying to get his release, or if the last doctor agreed with the wwe doctor. Personally, I think he should retire. You don't come back from a concussion injury and start doing all kinds of head butts. He needed to have toned down his style at Wrestlemania last year and he didn't.

Around the Network

He needs to retire. He could have an excellent career as a face color commentator and he can also get into shenanigans as a manager. Just because his ring career is over doesn't mean that he has to disappear entirely. Daniel Bryan merch still sells so hopefully WWE does something to keep him visible.

bunchanumbers said:
He needs to retire. He could have an excellent career as a face color commentator and he can also get into shenanigans as a manager. Just because his ring career is over doesn't mean that he has to disappear entirely. Daniel Bryan merch still sells so hopefully WWE does something to keep him visible.

He needs to figure out what to do.  I think he should go down to NXT and host a vignette show.  His own Highlight Reel of sorts.  That way he can start building it and bring it to Raw or Smackdown.  I think he can work the crowd and be a hype man for any feud.

I don't know who's booking Jericho, Styles, and Miz, but it's damn good booking. Making sure Styles doesn't go on the mic is good too.

That ... was really tough to watch.

Thank you, Daniel Bryan.

Around the Network

Daniel Bryan

Its a shame to see him go, but the fans set him on his next journey in fine style. I felt bad for him when he talked about the concussions.

Daniel Bryan is heartbreaking.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kenny Omega - NJPW The New Beginning In Niigata 2016

Awesome battle for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship which Shinsuke Nakamura vacated when he left for the WWE.  Omega has replaced AJ Styles as the new Ace of the Bullet Club and he's doing great in that villain role.  The match itself was a lot of fun.  Tanahashi worked over Omega's knee with repeated Dragon Screws and Omega went right after Tanahashi's busted shoulder from the start.

Omega also told the Bullet Club to go to the back because, "the smart marks will take stars off if you keep interfering."

I'm eager to see who the new Bullet Club member is going to be, as Tama Tonga teased someone from outside NJPW coming in to be his tag partner, as he seems to be stepping up into one of the slots left by Anderson and Gallows leaving for the WWE.

BasilZero said:
Titus O' Neil getting suspended for shoving Vince playfully

RIP Titus' WWE Career.

Apparently, Vince wanted to fire him at first but got talked out of it. Yikes.