Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

Long time no see this thread, will be following from now... again

Around the Network
pokoko said:
darkknightkryta said:
WTF is Jarrett doing? Why make a new organization just to go to another?

It's just cross-promotion.  He was showing up in New Japan a few months ago and I believe he's visited one of the lucha organizations.  He's using talent from all over the place.  No one not named WWE can afford to pretend other organizations don't exist.  Actually, even the WWE has been citing other companies in NXT.

I like it, it reminds me of when there was no one company crushing everything else under it.

Jarrett probably just made a deal to show up for a few dates in exchange for some publicity.  

Appearing at New Japan is one thing, even Lucha Underground, etc.  Their not in direct competition.  Impact is.  On top of that, he was pushed out of the company, and all the shady things that happened.  Weird.

darkknightkryta said:

He's doing publicity for Global Force Wrestling.  Now maybe more than five people in the world know that it exists.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Wow its been a while since I posted here. I was shocked when I heard about Dusty Rhodes passing. His hard times promo was one of my favorite promos in wrestling history. It felt genuine and made a fan out of me. I hope that Cody and Gold Dust get a comeback in WWE soon.

I liked seeing Jeff Jarrett at Impact Wrestling. Impact needs all the help it can get so it is smart that they are reaching out to other promotions. I loved seeing the Blueprint back. I'm loving the Destination America Wednesday night wrestling thing they have going on. It is in a good slot, and people without the WWE Network (like myself I let mine expire) get to watch some good wrestling. I'm impressed with RoH. If TNA gets cancelled in September it will be disappointing. I'll watch it until it dies though.

darkknightkryta said:
pokoko said:

It's just cross-promotion.  He was showing up in New Japan a few months ago and I believe he's visited one of the lucha organizations.  He's using talent from all over the place.  No one not named WWE can afford to pretend other organizations don't exist.  Actually, even the WWE has been citing other companies in NXT.

I like it, it reminds me of when there was no one company crushing everything else under it.

Jarrett probably just made a deal to show up for a few dates in exchange for some publicity.  

Appearing at New Japan is one thing, even Lucha Underground, etc.  Their not in direct competition.  Impact is.  On top of that, he was pushed out of the company, and all the shady things that happened.  Weird.

Direct competition would be RAW and Nitro.  In fact, growing non-WWE wrestling is probably good for everyone in the industry except the WWE, especially since talent is often independent and shared.  The only way this would hurt TNA is if GFW ended up with a television show on Wednesday.  As for GFW, it can only help them get exposure.

Also, I don't know anything about Jarrett's personal feelings, but you put those aside when you're running a business.

Personally, I'm interested to see what happens--including if any of the Bullet Club shows up to help Jarrett.

Around the Network
amp316 said:
darkknightkryta said:

He's doing publicity for Global Force Wrestling.  Now maybe more than five people in the world know that it exists.

Which can also lead to a invasion angle if done properly and accepted by both sides.

But ya its really odd that he came back especially after the way he left the company years ago.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Supposedly there is a rumor that Global Force Wrestling will buy out Impact Wrestling and take it over. I have no idea if its true but its the rumor. It would also explain why Jeff Jarrett would make a comeback the way he did.

bunchanumbers said:
Supposedly there is a rumor that Global Force Wrestling will buy out Impact Wrestling and take it over. I have no idea if its true but its the rumor. It would also explain why Jeff Jarrett would make a comeback the way he did.

Well reports say he's there to promote GFW and some rumors say to be part of the hall of fame.

Magnus is rumored that he will be leaving TNA for GFW though so eventually if not a buy out - TNA will eventually die out lol.

Basil's YouTube Channel

Kane beating Lesnar.... Ok...

Since TNA couldn't get AJ Styles to show up, they went to Jarrett, and he agreed to do it if he could promote GFW. That's my guess.

I just started watching Lucha Underground, and it's pretty awesome. The iron man match was ace.