By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

d21lewis said:
Wagram said:
Raw was horrifically awful. I'm trying to understand if they purposely made it that bad to make Wrestlemania that much better.

Totally agree.  No Ziggler.  No HHH, HBK, and Taker.  Dead audience.  No pre-match throwdown with Cena and Rock.  This Team Teddy/Johnny bullshit (though I liked the Booker-T reveal). What the hell.  The thing is, last time I saw a pre-Wrestlemania Raw this shitty, HBK took on Ric Flair in an amazing match and I missed it.  Then, it happened again the next year with HBK vs. Taker 1.  I'm still gonna order Wrestlemania but damn.  These guys have been at it for 28 years.  You'd think they would know how to build excitement for a PPV by now!

And with HHH, HBK, Taker, Rock, Booker, and Jericho, it seems like the guys that are always there busting their asses are taking a back seat to guys that never wrestle or rarely wrestle.  Oh well.

I'll be grabbing Mania myself, but that crowd was absolutely dead. They didn't care about anything.

Around the Network

did ANYTHING interesting happen tonight?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
did ANYTHING interesting happen tonight?

Save yourself 2 hours and don't watch. It was awful.

Wagram said:
d21lewis said:
Wagram said:
Raw was horrifically awful. I'm trying to understand if they purposely made it that bad to make Wrestlemania that much better.

Totally agree.  No Ziggler.  No HHH, HBK, and Taker.  Dead audience.  No pre-match throwdown with Cena and Rock.  This Team Teddy/Johnny bullshit (though I liked the Booker-T reveal). What the hell.  The thing is, last time I saw a pre-Wrestlemania Raw this shitty, HBK took on Ric Flair in an amazing match and I missed it.  Then, it happened again the next year with HBK vs. Taker 1.  I'm still gonna order Wrestlemania but damn.  These guys have been at it for 28 years.  You'd think they would know how to build excitement for a PPV by now!

And with HHH, HBK, Taker, Rock, Booker, and Jericho, it seems like the guys that are always there busting their asses are taking a back seat to guys that never wrestle or rarely wrestle.  Oh well.

I'll be grabbing Mania myself, but that crowd was absolutely dead. They didn't care about anything.

Maybe Smackdown will.....will.....no.  Nevermind.  I must be sleepy.  Almost said something totally insane.

I figure at the rate things are going, I'm probably going to watch Wrestlemania for a bit before giving up on the company. I may stick around to keep up to date with the Pay Per views, but since they give a good recap of the story leading up to the matches, no need to waste my time on the week to week leadups.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

I have not watched for years or post in this thread for months. What are the odds that The Rock will win Wrestlemania? Is he still really popular on wrestling? Or has Cena taken over his throne?

I honestly don't think the match at wresltemania will see either of them victorious. In terms of popularity, The Rock is way over with the fans, and Cena has a lot more detractors, than supporters.

spurgeonryan said:

I have not watched for years or post in this thread for months. What are the odds that The Rock will win Wrestlemania? Is he still really popular on wrestling? Or has Cena taken over his throne?

I think Cena is going to take it.  It's tradition in pro-wrestling.  Before you go, you gotta "Do the job".  Rock has already jobbed for Goldberg and Evolution on his way out of the door.  I think he's going to lose to Cena because, like Cena said, he's there every night.  His career is already longer than the Rock's career.  Rock is just a visitor, now.  The only thing that makes me think the Rock is going to have a chance is if the WWE considers him a celeb and not a wrestler, now.  A celebrity can walk in the front door and destroy a pro if it means exposure for the WWE.  Look at all of the guys that beat Big Show.  Look at Snooki, Lawrence Taylor, and that lady who teams with Kelly Kelly this year.

And I gotta say, that Atlanta audience was dead for the Rock.  When Cena came in, everybody came to life--even though it was a mix of boos and cheers.  I think Cena may have The Rock's number.

I'm purchasing Wrestlemania tomorrow because it might be the last time we ever see the Rock. Who knows? It could be the end for the Undertaker and/or HHH too.

It better not suck. That's a lot of money. If it does suck, you will all hear about it from me soon.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I'm buying it too!  And before it begins, here are my predictions:

- Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos vs. Beth Phoenix and Eve Torres:  Kelly and Maria w/ Maria getting the pin on Eve Torres.

-Team Teddy vs. Team Johnny:  Team Johnny wins with Miz taking out Booker T

-Randy Orton vs. Kane:  Randy wins with the RKO out of nowhere!!

-Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show:  Big Show beats Cody in seconds, humiliating Cody for his constant insults

-Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus:  Bryan wins just because I like his heel turn and I don't want it to end (God, I hope Bryan wins.  Sheamus would be a boring champ).

-CM Punk vs. Jericho:  Chris Jericho wins in an epic match.

-Triple H vs. Undertaker:  Undertaker wins.....and retires.  It's the end of an era!

-The Rock vs. Cena: Cena wins the match, and finally, the respect of me, you, and the Rock.  They shake hands and the torch is passed to this generation.  The Rock won't be able to say he's the only man to beat Stone Cold, Hogan, and Cena.  Cena WILL be able to say that he's the only man that beat HBK, HHH, and The Rock.

WWE has a habit of calling every Wrestlemania the "Best Wrestlemania Ever"! And every main event the "Biggest Main Event Ever". Well, are they actually telling the truth this time? What do you guys think is the biggest WWE Wrestlemania Main Event of all time?

HBK vs. Bret (Iron Man Match at WM12):

Rock vs. Hogan: (WM18)

Savage vs. Hogan: (WM5)

Hogan vs. Warrior: (WM4)

Hogan vs. Andre the Giant: (WM3)

Rock vs. Austin (WM 15)

Michaels vs. Austin (WM 16)

Angle vs. Lesnar (WM 19))

Rock vs. Austin (WM17)

One of these? None of these?