By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The Official Pro Wrestling Thread

d21lewis said:
WWE has a habit of calling every Wrestlemania the "Best Wrestlemania Ever"! And every main event the "Biggest Main Event Ever". Well, are they actually telling the truth this time? What do you guys think is the biggest WWE Wrestlemania Main Event of all time?

HBK vs. Bret (Iron Man Match at WM12):

Rock vs. Hogan: (WM18)

Savage vs. Hogan: (WM5)

Hogan vs. Warrior: (WM4)

Hogan vs. Andre the Giant: (WM3)

Rock vs. Austin (WM 15)

Michaels vs. Austin (WM 16)

Angle vs. Lesnar (WM 19))

Rock vs. Austin (WM17)

One of these? None of these?

Being an older guy I can say that the Main Event from Wrestlemania 3 was the biggest.  When Hogan picked up Andre and body slammed him, the earth stood still.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

I'll pick the winners too for fun, but won't give an explanation because I'm lazy.

Kelly and Maria

Team Johnny

Randy Orton

Cody Rhodes

Sheamus

Jericho

Undertaker

Cena

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I'd go Hogan vs Andre.

Hogan was a big star then, but this put him over the top... and Andre the Giant's streak made the Undertakers streak look silly in comparison... essentially being billed as "undefeated" for like 20 years.

I really loved the Austin vs Rock match at WM19.

I think Kane might beat Randy Orton.

I mean... why in gods name would the push Kane's big return, hype him up, give him back his own dominant look, and then immediately have him job in BOTH big matches he's had?

I wouldn't be surprised if Orton still needed time off, and just gets "reinjured".

Maybe it's just me, but i feel like there  has been a (not so) slow decline in Randy Orton's popularity ever since he was asked to carry Smackdown.

Around the Network

I miss Goldberg

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

"The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Brock Lesnar and his entourage left the hotel, and was headed to the Sun Life Stadium in Miami. He has been reportedly in the building for hours, despite not being spotted."

O.O

Holy shit, if this is true and not an April fools. Lesnar was amazing back then.

BasilZero said:
Shinobi-san said:
I miss Goldberg

Goldberg VS Undertaker WM match would of been epic :(

@Wagram - Yeah, hope its not a joke and hope he is actually there *_*

Something tells me he will be there or will show up during either the TH VS UT or Rock/Cena match.

There's been reports too that he's gonna have a less than goldberg but more than undertaker type schedule for until WM 29 next year and that he might start a 1 year feud with someone similar to what Rock did with Cena for the past year.

Isnt Lesnar still involved with UFC?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

BasilZero said:
Wow just saw some of the matches and....

Sheamus winning was obvious but...DAMN, what a bad way to start your WM history for Daniel Bryan lol. Losing so quick ;x.

Kane beating Randy Orton was a surprise thought they would push orton even more but kudos to Kane and for WWE for not making him look weak.

Big Show winning against Cody Rhodes! YES!

Divas match = Obvious

Time to watch the UT VS HHH match ;)

Takers lookin preeeeety slow lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

wait, Sheamous won in...18 seconds? What the fuck is that? come on, that was one match I was REALLY looking forward to!

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android