By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Armored Core fans?

Words Of Wisdom said:
dsister44 said:
I really liked it. Just the missions were way too short.

I dunno if I could handle longer missions. 

I mean, the game difficulty is high enough to where I end up replaying missions a few times just to win (let alone S Rank).  If the missions were even longer I think the game as a whole would suffer.

@Blacksaber : It's fun and cheap right now.  It is surprisingly challenging though.

Problem is I still have 7 JRPGS to beat on my new PS2...

Former something....

Around the Network

I love Armored Core.

I could just sit around doing nothing but building Mechs for hours.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

i had Armored Core 4 Answer , but not 4. is it the same?

Words Of Wisdom said:
dsister44 said:

I mean, the game difficulty is high enough to where I end up replaying missions a few times just to win (let alone S Rank).  If the missions were even longer I think the game as a whole would suffer.

@Blacksaber : It's fun and cheap right now.  It is surprisingly challenging though.

@Xxain : I'm not even going to think about online until I S Rank all the missions which... is going to take a while it seems.

Really? I thouht it was rather easy. I had a couple of problems in the frist two chapters, but after that I breezed through it.

argh, I want an AC game with trophies...I want me a new AC game now.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
dsister44 said:

@Xxain : I'm not even going to think about online until I S Rank all the missions which... is going to take a while it seems.

Really? I thouht it was rather easy. I had a couple of problems in the frist two chapters, but after that I breezed through it.

What weapons and parts did you use?

You and Euphoria14 might be able to give me some tips.

I picked 03-Aliyah as my starting chasis.  So far I'm into Chapter 4 and I've beaten pretty much every simulator opponent using either dual bazookas (with or without missiles) or dual ANTARES laser rifles.  For the regular missions I run around with a laser blade, ANTARES laser rifle, and a back-mounted plasma cannon.  Sea of Blood and The Womb have given me a lot of trouble.  I finally beat Sea of Blood with dual ANTARES and for The Womb I ended up buying a pair of shotguns and a back-mounted sniper cannon. 

I still haven't S Ranked "The Womb" so I need to work on that, but I just can't seem to kill those 3 mechs before one hits me and clips 50% of my AP.

Words Of Wisdom said:
dsister44 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
dsister44 said:

What weapons and parts did you use?

You and Euphoria14 might be able to give me some tips.

I picked 03-Aliyah as my starting chasis.  So far I'm into Chapter 4 and I've beaten pretty much every simulator opponent using either dual bazookas (with or without missiles) or dual ANTARES laser rifles.  For the regular missions I run around with a laser blade, ANTARES laser rifle, and a back-mounted plasma cannon.  Sea of Blood and The Womb have given me a lot of trouble.  I finally beat Sea of Blood with dual ANTARES and for The Womb I ended up buying a pair of shotguns and a back-mounted sniper cannon. 

I still haven't S Ranked "The Womb" so I need to work on that, but I just can't seem to kill those 3 mechs before one hits me and clips 50% of my AP.

I started as the Mech that had two rocket launchers for arms. And I slowly upgraded him.

Sorry I do not know the name, it has been awhile since I last played

And for the battle simulators. I struggled through the battles till I unlocked a Mech that was strictly anti-mech. When you fight him, he sucks

No, It just lacked a good multiplayer.... well the 360 version anyway. I didn't mind it but once your done the missions its worthless of a game.

Blacksaber said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
dsister44 said:

Problem is I still have 7 JRPGS to beat on my new PS2...

lol, noob. Try having 50 JRPGs to beat on your PS2.

Yeah, I know.

@ WoW

Armored Core is pretty fun! I got the for Answer which is basically AC4 plus fixes.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.