By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does PS3 or Wii have an answer to this protential Fall 2010 X360 lineup?

JaggedSac said:

Well, I don't really give a damn how the lineup compares, but I know for damn sure I want these games:

Crackdown 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Kingdom Under Fire 2
Ninety Nine Nights 2
Halo Reach
Fable 3
Mass Effect 2

And then there is Natal, which I will be checking out.

this plus I might still be busy playing ODST and Forza 3

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Well I am certain there will be Gears 3, Fable III and Halo Reach as well as Natal

I don't see both Gears 3 and Reach releasing the same year because there is only so much room for big name shooters, but it might make sense since Modern Warfare 3 would be unlikely until 2011.

@ morpheusx, Epic and Bungie both want to get them out there, they will both sell well anyway
@ waron, the PGR devs are now owned by Activison and are making Blur

Honestly, Fable 3 is the only game I'm looking forward to. I was planning on selling my 360 after playing Magna Carta 2, but now I'm hesitating. Fable III looks awesome, easily my most anticipated title after FF XIII and FF versus XIII.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

This is just going to turn into list warz isn't it... the answer is you can't tell so far in advance

Around the Network
waron said:
Clap Hanz game big exclusive title? do we really want to play book sorting minigames in 1080p? Well luckily they are rumoured to make some PSmote stuff, and have made golf games in the past, not book sorting minigames
we will definitely see Gears of War 3 and Halo Reach next year though i think that Reach will be the big Q4 2010 game while Gears 3 will be released in late Q2 or early Q3 2010.  Halo Reach in September, Gears of War 3 in November great for shooter fans
plus there is:
new Itagaki 360 game ?
possibly another Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden exclusive game, Why
Rockstar New England 360 exclusive game(probably Bully 2), Why
3rd Mistwalker jrpg(Blue Dragon 2/Lost Odyssey 2), Probably
probably another Square Enix timed-exclusve/exclusive 360 game, Doubtful
New PGR game(it's about time to be released), From who, Bizzare are gone
new Rare games(another Viva Pinata with natal and new core game), Yup
Natal with Milo, I wouldn't count it as a game... but yup
Kingdom Under Fire II, Yup
Mechwarrior, Yup
Huxley: The Dystopia, Rumoured to be cancelled
another load of new xbla games, exclusive DLC and unannouncend retail games, Most of the games that you've just said are unnanounced retail game

I don't know where you have got this from, if it is just speculation, like nearly all of the list, then make it clear that they are just guesses. IT IS TOO EARLY TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT YEAR

No. As of now X360 has by far the strongest lineup in 2010

Alan Wake
Crackdown 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Kingdom Under Fire II
Gears of War 3
HL2: Episode 3
Halo: Reach
Fable III
+ Natal launch lineup most likely including a new Rare game

Maybe Mass Effect 2, but Im not sure if it's exclusive or if it's for PS3 too.

@Munkeh

Precisely why these type of threads quickly loose any form of sense or reason.

They all turn into a 5yr old kid shootout of "my dad is better than yours because... he is from Pluto" .

ironman said:
Grey21 said:
Gabe Newell is a Microsoft fanboy... wait he's more then that, he's an ex-Microsoft employee. Apparantly he loves Windows (as his child) and only left because he wanted to make games. If he has a grudge against Sony then it's because the PS2 wiped the floor with Microsoft's original xbox.

As for the line-up you've posted, maybe it's because they aren't my genres but it doesn't blow me away. 2010 will be a good year for both HD consoles (game-wise atleast) but then I'm looking at the full year. But I doubt it's going to make a big difference, all sequels so if anyone wanted those titles then they would have gotten a 360 already. It's going to end up being about what the cheapest deal is the parents/mainsteam gamers can find during the holiday season.

Well somebody's pissed off...here's a cookie, does that make it better?

Given the fact that the origional Xbox was MS first attempt at a gaming system, You could hardly say that Sony wiped the floor with them, any other console just starting out would have done the same. MS was just setting up for this gen when it would be payback time. Also, if Gabe didn't like Sony, his studio never would have made games for a Sony console, geniouse. 

I'd like to point out that Sony's first console wiped the floor with everyone else, not the other way around. and Nintendo had a far, FAR bigger monopoly than Sony ever did, so in retrospect, MS could potentially wiped the floor with Sony, especially considering how flawed the PS2 was/is. (eg. it's fun to have to write 70% of a game in assembly language on a crappy compiler) 

I'm not saying that MS failed because they didn't destroy Sony the way Sony destroyed Nintendo in 1995, but the fact they were on their first console has nothing todo with the fact that Sony owned them. Sony was just smarter last gen than either MS or Ninty. and that really helped them this gen didn't it...

Also, Gabe Newell is a MS fanboy and anyone who denies it seriously needs to get their brain checked. However, I can guarentee you that given the opportunity to make millions of dollars by publishing a game on a console other than the Xbox, he will do so no matter how much he hates Sony/Ninty. I mean seriously, let's say you are the most diehard MS fanboy of all time and you really do hate Sony and Ninty (why you would is beyond me, but hey...). If someone gave you hundreds of millions of dollars for kinda sorta helping them out, would you spurn that offer? not a chance.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

no matter what console will have more games than the other two most of us, if not all will still be catching up with already released games. if you're buying games and have for example budget for 1-2 games/month there are many games for you especially if you're a gamer who actually like to finish them. i will still probably play Forza 3 singleplayer events in february just to unlock all the content and i still have few 2007-2009 games to play. i still have to play Bioshock, Mass Effect, Fallout 3, Red Faction Guerilla, Tales of Vesperia, Viva Pinata, Burnout Paradise, Resident Evil 5 and Naruto games. this year i will be only getting Forza 3, Operation Flashpoint and Brutal Legend(rest of the games i will get next year for 20-30$).