By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell says the PS3 is a waste of everybody's time

Saiyar said:
 Half Life Episode 3 on the Wii?

LOL.  Now that would be the day. But then again, he could release episodic content via Wii Ware....

Around the Network

while john carmack is critical of the ps3

he newest engine technology- tech 5-supposedly- is a seamless integration of mac pc xbox360 and ps3.

Well ,
wasting time is a consoles main function :P

I think technically it's more waste of ones time to read Gabe's hatred filled comments towards any of the consoles and personally I think it spoils the fun you have with "his" games quite a bit.

Lafiel said:
Well ,
wasting time is a consoles main function :P

I think technically it's more waste of ones time to read Gabe's hatred filled comments towards any of the consoles and personally I think it spoils the fun you have with "his" games quite a bit.

I think technically it's more waste of ones time to read Lafiel's comments about Gabe's comments towards any of the consoles

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
lenardo said:
while john carmack is critical of the ps3

he newest engine technology- tech 5-supposedly- is a seamless integration of mac pc xbox360 and ps3.

Just because an engine works on the PS3 doesn't meant that it's optimized for it or takes full advantage of the Cell.

Around the Network

Do we currently have two threads up and talking about this? ;-;

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Avalach21 said:
vizunary said:
he's known to be a sony hater anyways... what did you expect?

He wasn't a Sony hater until he tried to develop a PS3 game. This isn't just mindless fanboyism - This is one of the most highly regarded developers in the industry having hands on experience with the console and telling us how he feels about it.

He's a PC game maker. If anything, he should sorta see eye to eye with the Sony philosophy...

he hated the PS2's design too.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

it's kind of nice to here a prominent industry figure say this....honestly, i wish i had a dollar for every time some fanboy said ''just wait until they harness the PS3's potential!"....when they're really just parroting what they've heard and have little to no idea about any "potential" the PS3 might have. It just sounds good I guess when a console's doing poorly. "wait until the potential is harnessed, wait until the good games come out", etc, etc.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I agree Gabe Newell, you couldn't say it better then that.

HappySqurriel said:

So far John Carmack and Gabe Newell have been very critical of the Cell architecture, while Epic has had to reduce the scope of Unreal Tournament 3 and Factor 5 couldn't get a steady framerate.

Of western developers with a track record of getting solid performance out of a system who's left?

What do you mean by that exactly?