By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 slim it's UGLIER than the normal PS3

I still think it looks like Sony's version of a WiiFit Board... Stupid square... Ugly finish too, what's with eveyone changing from gloss to matte? First the DS Lite -> DSi, now the PS3 -> PS3 Slim... Also, if you watch the PS3 slim unboxing, you'll see all the sides except for the top and bottom have gloss on them... It doesn't match and it still gets fingerprints. XD

Around the Network

Ps3 slim is awful and looks a bit fragile. Don´t like the new logo, prefer the spider- man one. Also, the logo should be in center of the console.

I am just truly disturbed at how desperate some people get to hate on something.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

You complain about them being unprofitable, you complain about them being to expensive...

They find a way to kill both issues, the complaints still come in...

4 ≈ One

Yeah well theres a price cut, look now. It looks fine.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Well, people play the exterior of a console, not what goes inside.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Doesn't look that bad. I prefer the finish of the fat, but a PS3 that's smaller than a 360 is very nice. Now I won't cry if my PS3 dies (well, maybe just a little for the BC).

Akvod said:
Black RL said:

Hi guys

I'm sad..... The new PS3 is way UGLIER than the old one.... I'm GLAD I have the first model.

OLD:

NEW:

It looks like a "Chinese" console or something...... What's your opinion?

Racist? O.o, sounds like what my dad would say when he's drunk or something... (remembers my dad talking shit about Koreans in the middle of NYC... *facepalm*)

I don't think he was trying to be racist, I think he was trying to say it looks like those fake ps3s in China.

It doesn't look quite as good as the original but still a lot better looking than Wii or 360 (which are very ugly what ever color they have). And I actually like matte finish because it stays clean longer. Anyway, I don't even think looks is important to most people. I certainly don't care what consoles look like. It is actually the last thing I even think about. You rarely look at the console, usually you just turn it on and play without ever even noticing it.

I like my bc launch PS3 much better cuz it has touch sensitive buttons and a rotating PS logo, just made me feel like it was worth that six hundred. this makes you feel like you spent 300, which makes sense.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Consoles owned: Game Cube, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, Nintendo DS, PSP, PS1, PS2, PS3.

My prediction: NATAL WILL NOT help 360 sales. Maybe a 50-100k boost week 1, then a 30-70 k boost week 2, and back to the norm again after 3-5 weeks.