By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 is the highest selling console in the biggest games franchise in Spain

I dont know hows that impossible ,each time they sell something the register box isnt just a register box anymore but a computer that processes the information ,if all those computers are sending the selling information to a central office you can have more or less real time sales information .I am not saying that thats whats happening mind you ,only that it wouldnt be so hard to come by .

For more information ,Game provides weekly sales charts for Spain .They arent so reliable as Adese or Gfk but provide a good information .They are released each wednesday in some newspapers .

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:
I dont know hows that impossible ,each time they sell something the register box isnt just a register box anymore but a computer that processes the information ,if all those computers are sending the selling information to a central office you can have more or less real time sales information .I am not saying that thats whats happening mind you ,only that it wouldnt be so hard to come by .

For more information ,Game provides weekly sales charts for Spain .They arent so reliable as Adese or Gfk but provide a good information .They are released each wednesday in some newspapers .

You'd think, but websites never seem to keep up to date on things like top lists, who has stock where etc.  Stock should work the same way, just delete the "real time" sales from the avaiable stock, you could even do it day by day.  Yet it never happens.  Most have trouble keeping up on a weekly basis. 

Why else would Game provide weekly sales charts anyway?  As opposed to say just having a running tally next to whats selling and then release the total numbers for everything and not just the top 10 on wensday? 

It takes time to set up and put in all the numbers.

Also.  If I am wrong.  What's up with Smackdown vs Raw 2007?  Even being cheap I wouldn't expect the WWE's penetration to be that huge.  Or is it just because it's wrestling of any kind?  Or even if i'm not... why would a bunch of people buy it online?

Today it is still the highest selling console. The x360 is out of the top 100.

Playstation 3 + Formula One + Motorstorm + Sixaxis
Fabricante:sony
Categoría:pack consola Disponible:En stock
Lanzamiento:
16/08/2007

499,95€ -
Precio: 494,95 €

Wii + Wii Sports
Fabricante:nintendo
Categoría:consola Disponible:En stock
Lanzamiento:
08/12/2006

249,95€ -
Precio: 244,95 €

@soriku

Yea... sure..

mM

Are you guys really surprised that the 40 GB model isn't selling in Europe? It's obvious it won't sell, look at how much more stuff you get for 100 more €:

- 20 GB of disk space
- PS2 compatibility
- memory card readers
- 2 extra USB ports
- 2 games
- 1 extra controller

Almost all the sales increase we'll see after this week will come from the 60 GB model having a price cut... I haven't seen a single piece of evidence saying that the 40 GB model is selling relevant numbers.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

no 1 cares of the ps3 is the hightest selling console in spain. sony isnt going to win europe by winning in spain they need to win in the uk to win in europe

even if the 40GB isnt selling, it does have a psychological effect on the consumer in the same way as the 360 core does. The consumer thinks, 'great, I can get a PS3 for 400 euro now, thats 200 euro less than before, but wait for just another 100 euro I can get the top end PS3 with two games'.

conclusion: The 40GB is selling more 60GB PS3's than 40GB PS3's!

tombi123 said:
even if the 40GB isnt selling, it does have a psychological effect on the consumer in the same way as the 360 core does. The consumer thinks, 'great, I can get a PS3 for 400 euro now, thats 200 euro less than before, but wait for just another 100 euro I can get the top end PS3 with two games'.

conclusion: The 40GB is selling more 60GB PS3's than 40GB PS3's!

Conversely, the existence of the 60 GB model decreases PS3 sales too:

Potential customer: Woohoo, I'm going to store to pick up one of those "cheap" 40 GB PS3s...

30 minutes later:

Potential customer: mmm, the 500 € model is so much better, but damn that's too much money! I'll save some more money or wait until the price drops...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

@NJ5

good point, I said what I said because thats what happened to me, I think 'great a PS3 for £300 (I'm in UK), wait it cant play my PS2 games and the 60GB comes with two games, its "only" £50 more I will buy the 60GB'. And there you go, Sony will have sold one PS3 to me by next weekend (hopefully).

It will mostly have the same effect that the intro of the 80gb in America.

The 60 bg sales will more than double, the 40 gb will sell well. The 60 gb will sell better b/c of the better value.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.