By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 is the highest selling console in the biggest games franchise in Spain

http://www.game.es/topventas/default.aspx

Playstation 3 + Resistance + Motorstorm + Sixaxis
Fabricante:sony
Categoría:pack consola Disponible:Descatalogado
Lanzamiento:
25/07/2007

499,95€ -
Precio: 494,95 €

FIFA 08
Fabricante:ea
Categoría:deportes Disponible:En stock
Lanzamiento:
26/09/2007

44,95€ -
Precio: 41,95 €

Playstation 3 + Formula One + Motorstorm + Sixaxis
Categoría:pack consola Disponible:En stock
Lanzamiento:
16/08/2007

499,95€ -

WWE SmackDown! vs Raw 2007 (Platinum)
Fabricante:thq
Categoría:lucha Disponible:En stock
Lanzamiento:
25/06/2007

29,95€ -
Precio: 26,95 €

Mando Nunchako Nintendo
Fabricante:nintendo
Categoría:controller Disponible:En stock
Lanzamiento:
09/12/2006

Precio: 19,95 €

Playstation 3 + H. Sword + Motorstorm + Sixaxis
Categoría:pack consola Disponible:Descatalogado
Lanzamiento:
19/09/2007

499,95€ -

FIFA 08
Fabricante:ea
Categoría:deportes Disponible:Agotado temporalmente
Lanzamiento:
26/09/2007

69,95€ -
Precio: 66,90 €

World of Warcraft - Tarjeta Prepago 2 Meses
Fabricante:blizzard
Categoría:utilidad Disponible:En stock
Lanzamiento:
03/02/2005

26,95€ -
Precio: 24,95 €

PSP Slim (Plateada)
Categoría:consola Disponible:Agotado temporalmente
Lanzamiento:
12/09/2007

169,95€ -
Precio: 164,95 €

Halo 3
Fabricante:microsoft
Categoría:accion Disponible:En stock
Lanzamiento:
26/09/2007

64,95€ -
Precio: 59,95 €

Around the Network

First I was surprised about the price, but couldn't remember when the price-cut would start.

Anyway, Dutchies can be happy too:
Wehkamp
Neckermann 
Dixons 

There is so much wrong with your post.... I wouldn't know where to start.

Other then...

This is an online store. See Amazon and all the weeks PS3 was number 1 on amazon yet not in sales numbers to see where you are wrong.

Or are you being sarcastic... it's really hard to tell.

Either way, one online websites best seller list is a silly thing to make assumptions from.

EDIT: I read your title as to indicate that sony was the biggest franchise.  Still online top numbers still don't always translate to top sales.

There is some truth in this, as Spain looks like it's possibly the country most in favour of Sony at the moment. Then again the gaming scene is pretty small there, weekly sales are half of those of France, and a third of the UK's.

Kasz216 said:

Other then...

This is an online store. See Amazon and all the weeks PS3 was number 1 on amazon yet not in sales numbers to see where you are wrong.

Either way, one online websites best seller list is a silly thing to make assumptions from.

This is NOT an online store. It is the biggest games franchise in Spain. It also sells online but it has stores all over Spain.

http://www.game.es/tiendas/default.aspx 

Around the Network

cool, the pice cut is helping. No 40gb on the list? Seems wierd.

mM

seems like we can expect good Motorstorm numbers in spain , for it's included in every of the 3 bundles

this is days after a price cut in one of the most Sony dominated areas of EU (Italy is Sony too, but 360 also does well there)

The PS3 has been outselling the Wii/360 weekly in Spain at least since the new bundles, what do you expect when it loses 100 Euros, i would have been suprised if it didn't double in sales at least, as this week i am expecting about triple last week across "others". (it might be down to double next week or week after, and probably stabalise about 150% before rising for christmas)

edit, i probably shouldnt say stabalise when it will it might only have 1/2 weeks at about 150% (if that, as i am not sure when christmas actually impacts onto sales)

Kasz216 said:

Other then...

EDIT: I read your title as to indicate that sony was the biggest franchise.  Still online top numbers still don't always translate to top sales.

GAME an online-only store ?

You dont have a clue do you ?

In any case this was to be expected ,the PS3 was nearly the top selling console at its 599 price tag now with the bundles at 499 and the 399 model it was expected a sales burst .This is already noticeable in the PS3 forums ,with dozens new members since yesterday .

Well i'll put it this way. Do you know how impossible it is to get stores to report exactly what they've sold? So in otherwords its a top seller list for online sales best i can tell. There isn't anything on the page that disagrees with that.

I'd be outright shocked if this was a list for the top sales of what's been sold in stores considering how impossible it is to get accurate reporting like that from your stores on a weekly basis let alone daily.

That said i would expect a huge burst from the PS3. Still it's silly to make assumptions from online "Top sellers" lists.  It's always a bad way to get your numbers because of the relativly small amount of people that do buisness on the interent and the very specific clientel that shops on the internet.

I should know I was part of a world wide research study on the demographics of people who use online for shopping.