By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why You should buy Phat, NOT Slim

PS3 Phat IS an icon! The PS3 slim.. Well it looked as if it's an upgraded PS2.

Around the Network
iron_megalith said:
PS3 Phat IS an icon! The PS3 slim.. Well it looked as if it's an upgraded PS2.

If it had something going for it over the phat, I'd be all for it. The power stuff is good...but the new phat uses very little power already, and all those percentages flashed around are based against the original phat. :P

It's spin, really. The new phats are almost as quiet, and almost as energy efficient, and have been proven not to be overheating pieces of shit like the PS2slim was for the first 3 months.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

So many fans of the phat PS3, that's why it sold 77k www last week. I'm sure Sony will feel your pain Zen.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
That old PS3 is a worthless piece of junk!

The new one is just nasty. I gotta have it. It's new and it's cool! You gotta be crazy not to want the new one.

I said people interesting in prestige purchases, and not safety, would want it. You should also buy a PSPGo. It was MADE for you.

Protip: It's ok to buy old shit because it's good, but never buy new shit because it's new. New shit has issues that it works out with experience.

Getting a PSP Go! too. I'm addicted to buying new gadgets.

If an ass kicking new Wii or 360 came out, I'm getting those too! I don't care if I have to be late on my bills. I gotta have it!

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

psrock said:
So many fans of the phat PS3, that's why it sold 77k www last week. I'm sure Sony will feel your pain Zen.

Last week the phat wasn't 299, and ignorant populas opinions don't change facts bro.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
Riot Of The Blood said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Riot Of The Blood said:
That old PS3 is a worthless piece of junk!

The new one is just nasty. I gotta have it. It's new and it's cool! You gotta be crazy not to want the new one.

I said people interesting in prestige purchases, and not safety, would want it. You should also buy a PSPGo. It was MADE for you.

Protip: It's ok to buy old shit because it's good, but never buy new shit because it's new. New shit has issues that it works out with experience.

Getting a PSP Go! too. I'm addicted to buying new gadgets.

If an ass kicking new Wii or 360 came out, I'm getting those too! I don't care if I have to be late on my bills. I gotta have it!

I cancelled my preorder to buy a phat.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I dare anyone to try and say that buying a slim is a smarter and safer choice than buying a phat, with them justifying their reasoning.

You can't.

It's factually wrong.

The slim is factually unproven.

In all likelyhood, the first shipment will have hardware bugs. They always do. Every current gen console did, to some extent.

When you buy this, you don't know what you're buying. You ONLY know that it's not any better than a PS3 phat, because Sony has went out of their way to tell us that. We've seen the spec sheet.

You WILL be beta testing this thing.

Buy a phat.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

1-10....WRONG

fat is dead so get over it. sony actually did something right for a change.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

quieter, more energy efficient, smaller bigger HD.....i know i can swap but i dont like tinkering internally and i dont want a external HD taking up space....

Shit, just the energy consumption and noise reduction is A+ for me. Im getting it day one. Just give me trophies for the PSP and id upgrade to a GO as wel just to have an excuse to spend the money on a new one :)

The slim will fit in my entertainment center. The fat won't. Both have a good warranty.

What is the problem?