By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why You should buy Phat, NOT Slim

I seriously don't see the point of your thread. You base all your points on assumption. Sony owns both, and i do believe they want to clear out the phat version anyway.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
WarmachineX said:
1-10....WRONG

fat is dead so get over it. sony actually did something right for a change.

That makes no sense. What are you talking about? Explain yourself. I don't understand how you think that the PS3 slim possibly having some sort of technical issue is "WRONG."

I especially don't understand how you think me stating that the phat being proven is "wrong."

In fact, you're wrong. Factually wrong. This isn't an opinion. Your post is provably and obviously wrong, and either you are completely ignorant of what I wrote, or trolling.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

All I will say that craigslist and other used PS3 sources will be selling the phats very cheap come september. I will be looking for sub 200 used phat then...hopefully a 60 GB.

I still can't believe they don't have BC with PS2 even with the slim.

If I ever buy a PS3, I'm getting the slim, I dont want fingerprints on my console

ZenfoldorVGI said:
WarmachineX said:
1-10....WRONG

That makes no sense. What are you talking about? Explain yourself. I don't understand how you think that the PS3 slim possibly having some sort of technical issue is "WRONG."

I especially don't understand how you think me stating that the phat being proven is "wrong."

In fact, you're wrong. Factually wrong. This isn't an opinion. Your post is provably and obviously wrong, and either you are completely ignorant of what I wrote, or trolling.

...In what sense? When he says "fat is dead" it's obvious that he means the PR machine and the public in general will move away from it. Even if he's wrong, how do you intend to prove it?

Around the Network

I own a 80Gb phat with PS2 BC and I have to say I kinda like the new slim.
I kinda wish it had 3 USB slots instead of two but the reduced power consumption is nice...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

ZenfoldorVGI said:
I dare anyone to try and say that buying a slim is a smarter and safer choice than buying a phat, with them justifying their reasoning.

You can't.

It's factually wrong.

The slim is factually unproven.

In all likelyhood, the first shipment will have hardware bugs. They always do. Every current gen console did, to some extent.

When you buy this, you don't know what you're buying. You ONLY know that it's not any better than a PS3 phat, because Sony has went out of their way to tell us that. We've seen the spec sheet.

You WILL be beta testing this thing.

Buy a phat.

Demand for the slim will be higher so you're getting more value for the same price. You'll be able to turn around and sale the slim if you end up not liking the PS3 and get more of your money back. It makes more sense to go with the slim.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

I like my PS3 to match me

psrock said:
I seriously don't see the point of your thread. You base all your points on assumption. Sony owns both, and i do believe they want to clear out the phat version anyway.

Some threads don't have "points." Some threads just state things that most people might be too ignorant to think of themselves. Those threads help the consumer. To clear up your misunderstanding, the point of this thread is to tell everyone that buying a slim instead of a phat has certain risks. Obviously. At the very least, this thread points out the the phat has proven dependability, and the slim doesn't.

Now, what is the point of you speaking to me? Did you think this thread had something to do with me disliking Sony? It doesn't. Seriously.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Khuutra said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
WarmachineX said:
1-10....WRONG

...In what sense? When he says "fat is dead" it's obvious that he means the PR machine and the public in general will move away from it. Even if he's wrong, how do you intend to prove it?

By pointing out that one thing is an undeniable fact. The Slim hasn't been proven to be a reliable console.

That was one of my points.

He said it was wrong.

How the hell did you think I intended to prove it? By presenting a murder weapon?

I'm good, but not that good.

Also, last time I checked, we weren't talking to each other.

NO NO, NO NO NO.