By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear Solid 4 ot Killzone 2 - Which has better graphics?

MGS4 in pretty much all areas.

KZ2 has great post processing and particle effects and some great textures sometimes, but MGS4's character models, scenery interaction and the overall artistic prowes with the realtime cinematography and exquisite mo-cap are simply unmatched in my opinion.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network

killzone 2, it can even maintian the awesome graphic when there is a 32 VS 32 madness going on ( and lag free)

I love MGS4, but Killzone 2 hasn't been matched yet this year. I know plenty of games coming up will take its place but for now, it's the king.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

..... Killzone2, No questions...

Lighting: Killzone 2 [Makes MGS4 look like a joke]
Character Models: Killzone2
Textures: Killzone 2
Scale: Killzone2's online alone beats MGS4 in this.
Particle affects: Killzone 2 [No contest here]

I'd like to add that Killzone2 is doing this without a HDD install. MGS4 has a 5GB install in the begining that's what... I can't remember... 7 mins??? Then a 2-3 min install between each act....

With Killzone2, you load up the stage in aroudn 25 seconds, then you just have a short freeze during a few slow portions on a stage. I'm talking 5 seconds or less. I think there are like 3 TOPS per level... I hardly even remember them.... can't remember a stage where I had this more than twice....

On a visual stand point, Killzone2 wins. On a tech stand point, Killzone2 decimates MGS4.

EDIT: The only place I could say MGS4 wins is facial animation. You could really see the emotion in their faces in that game.

4 ≈ One

Though i like the colours in MGS4 KZ2 is the more tech impressive game. It is just like wow that looks really good. You should play it

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:

Lighting: Killzone 2

I'd like to add that Killzone2 is doing this without a HDD install. MGS4 has a 5GB install in the begining that's what... I can't remember... 7 mins??? Then a 2-3 min install between each act....

With Killzone2, you load up the stage in aroudn 25 seconds, then you just have a short freeze during a few slow portions on a stage. I'm talking 5 seconds or less. I think there are like 3 TOPS per level... I hardly even remember them.... can't remember a stage where I had this more than twice....

On a visual stand point, Killzone2 wins. On a tech stand point, Killzone2 decimates MGS4.

EDIT: The only place I could say MGS4 wins is facial animation. You could really see the emotion in their faces in that game.

Whoot ?

That's the only thing I would consider as mediocre in KZ2 or at least far inferior to other games.

Easily Killzone 2.....but apparently not cause a lot are voting for MGS.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

iBlah said:
killzone 2, it can even maintian the awesome graphic when there is a 32 VS 32 madness going on ( and lag free)

Last I played it was 16vs16...

But this is still one of the things that amazes me.

Even when you're in a noob match with idiots that just decide to turn it into a frag fest and a bunch of douch bag assault classers that like to fire their rockets and grenade launchers pretty much, the game still looks just as good as Campaign mode and holds it framerate perfectly fine. I couldn't even get this with Cod4 or WaW. And Socom required me to install 3+GB and couldn't do this...

4 ≈ One

KZ2 probably is more advanced, but somehow MGS4 seems more "realistic" somehow. MGS4 has probably my favorite graphics on a console so far. GOW 1 and KZ2 aren't far behind, though.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Barozi said:
Dgc1808 said:

Lighting: Killzone 2

Whoot ?

That's the only thing I would consider as mediocre in KZ2 or at least far inferior to other games.

They looked alot better detailed on my screen compared to MGS4. The only better detailed Character models I've seen in a console game is pretty much every playable character in RE5. Not so much for the zombies and bosses, there was one boss that looked pretty amazing though, that giant spider.

4 ≈ One