By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should We Expect Brawl To Be Delayed?

GranTurismo said:
The biggest wii title being delayed is really bad news, they have had over 3 years to make this game and its being delayed even more lol.
 Development of Brawl started in October 2005.

Also, we have Zelda Twilight Princess! We waited forever for that game. And it's great!

"A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto 

Around the Network

Why isn't MegaMan in Brawl?

Capcom needs some love.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It seems like it's headed for delay territory which is really disappointing because I'm looking forward to this game more than anything. Wii doesn't really have much for me and I thought this year has been really weak so far, Brawl was going to make up for all of that but if it's delayed 2007 will just be a crappy year for Wii in my opinion.

Smashbros.com siad:
 There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident.

No one has mentioned this quote, but people keep on mentioning that the date has been changed to TBD. This text alone makes me think it is a 1-2 week delay, but still out before Christmas.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Smashbros.com siad:
There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident.

No one has mentioned this quote, but people keep on mentioning that the date has been changed to TBD. This text alone makes me think it is a 1-2 week delay, but still out before Christmas.

That would make the world right again

Around the Network

I expect it out before Christmas, and I really doubt people would get mad over 2 weeks.

Moving from Dec. 3rd to late January is too much for me...I really would get pissed...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

it would be wrong for the big N to delay this game any longer. since SSBM, it's been quite awhile and for them to delay this would make little sense to me. but delaying it wouldn't be all too bad knowing that it would make it an even better game......
.......plus it wouldn't matter to me personally if SSBB got delayed seeing that i don't even have a wii yet :*(. i know, it's been 11 months and i still can't find one. then again, i'm not going great lengths in possessing one........

wont say i told u so, but i called this for months (maybe a year). anyways, sucks that ninty isnt getting it out in time. just less time that my friends with wii's have it before i get mine (please be soon, i am still contemplating it i can easily pick one up from a local gamestop for reals).

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

misterd said:
Desroko said:
Brawl and Wii Fit are not targeting the same audience. There's no need to worry over them bumping into each other, because Smash has a very loyal fanbase, while Wii Fit is going to be marketed towards casuals and light mainstream gamers.

While they are not competing (much) for customers, they ARE competing for advertising time, at a period when it's at a premium.

I think it would make sense to market the WiiFit and SSBB separately. Given the differences in the markets, I'd put SSBB out for the US holiday, and WF out in Japan, then flip flop right after (when American moms are trying to shed the holiday pounds).

I would say the odds are high that SSBB will be delayed, and maybe 50-50 that it goes past the holiday. Nintendo has Japan all sewn up, but the US is still tightly contested. While MG will help, MP3s luster is waning already, and they need to have something to market to "core" gamers, especially those who want to play online. SSBB is the perfect fit.

They are targeting the same audience or at least parts of the same audience:  Wii owners with money to spend on games.  That's already a limited market.  All games will be competing for a share of the money there this holiday season and I would go so far as to say it's foolish to think Brawl wouldn't take a very large portion for itself.

Why would a Japanese company delay its game for the Japanese, but keep the same date for America? What?

As I predcited back in the summer. Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, or Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be delayed into next year.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.