By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should We Expect Brawl To Be Delayed?

It's gonna be delayed in Japan. So since it was originally suppossed to come out on December 3rd in US, should we expect it to delayed until 08 in US?

Around the Network

A delay of some kind, yes. The North America Smashbros.com has changed the release date from Dec 3 to TBD indicating that there is a serious chance the date will be changed. We may have a new date tomorrow. I believe Nintendo is holding a conference in San Francisco.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I'm sorry to offend any Smash Bros. fans, but delaying it would be the smarter move. It will sell well no matter when it's released, and Galaxy and Smash out during the same holiday season will just suck the oxygen out of the room. And it's not like consumers need to be sold on the Wii this Christmas.

As much as I do not want to wait until January 24th to play the game, there is a part of me that agrees with you, Desroko. Smash Brawl at the ed of January would keep Wii sales extremely high through the holiday and months after.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

Desroko said:
I'm sorry to offend any Smash Bros. fans, but delaying it would be the smarter move. It will sell well no matter when it's released, and Galaxy and Smash out during the same holiday season will just suck the oxygen out of the room. And it's not like consumers need to be sold on the Wii this Christmas.

Nah, Brawl would be competing with WiiFit which I think it would absolutely crush in sales.  For a lot of gamers, Brawl is the game to own so having it on the list for the upcoming holiday season would definitely boost its first/second/third week sales as those buying gifts for Wii owners would snatch it up.

Moving it to the post-holiday season means its launch sales will not be what they would be otherwise.  Lifetime sales won't change, Smash Bros. has very very long legs however anyone looking for it to match Halo 3 in launch sales may as well cancel their bets if it's delayed.

Around the Network
Desroko said:

I always felt the same way. I do see a delay coming. My wallet is happy.

Brawl and Wii Fit are not targeting the same audience. There's no need to worry over them bumping into each other, because Smash has a very loyal fanbase, while Wii Fit is going to be marketed towards casuals and light mainstream gamers.

yes

yeah, I think it will get delayed. Which as much as it pains me, really seems like a good move. The wii doesn't need help selling this christmas, SMG will do it alone just fine.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I think it is delayed, but it doesn't really matter because as long as the date still falls between 12/3 and 1/24 then nothing can really go wrong, it'll still be Christmas season and even afterward Christmas then all the gift Wii's will be out and this'll be the first game to buy for many.

Nintendo fan, though i also like the PS1-era Sony

Sales Predictions (+-.5mil) at end of fiscal 2007

Wii- 23 million- Brawl will hopefully make it higher.
360-20 million- GTA IV's release date will be a big factor
PS3- 12 million- Same as 360, MGS4 also big factor