By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can someone tell me what Monster Hunter is about?

Lol, I dunno either

This is why I am completely unaware of the huge blow it "apparently" has been to the Ps3

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

I've never heard of the series.

-1 Soriku
-1 darthdevidem

Um... I don't know either.

-1 mancandy

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Just what i was going to ask but couldn't be bothered to create a thread.

I know nothing about it but can see it's a huge victory for the Wii in japan at least.

From what I have read in wikipedia, it sounds like a cross between pokemon, where you kill the little bastards instead of catch, and a typical online based RPG like Fantasy Star.

I think it sounds really good.

Around the Network

About someone who hunts monsters maybe?

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

According to gamerankings it's a mediocre series, but it's insanely popular in Japan though

it's a Phantasy Star Online-like hack 'n slash without a real story , but you can choose missions with different difficulty (indicated by a star-rating) which obviously include slaying Monsters ..

the fun part about it is making partys and killing big monsters

I never played it myself and only watched one of my friends playing it ,so that's about all I know about it.

Soriku said:
Scores are mediocre (other games) but I'm still getting it.
 Give me some examples of other games that got mediocre reviews and were found to be good by the general public. 

MOnster Hunter is a game where you get a series of quest ranging from picking up items to killing a rare enemy. Crafting and item-collecting are huge parts of the game.

Monster Hunter Freedom 2 could take around 150 hours to get everything.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.