By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Don't become like this guy

That is sad. It's off to ever consider this, but maturity in anything does not necessarily come with age. Being older does not make you wiser. I suppose message in TWEWY is very important though easily to overlook. Your world, your experience and you as a person is defined not by an obsession or hiding form the world, but living with those around you for good or bad each interaction can make you a better or mature person. The vloger world changed because of his hobby, his interactions with other people were negative. Online world is great it's own merit, but I have never met a game hermit who could handle social interaction very well at all.

I am fortunate that out of my hobbies the real RPG(P&P) is my worst obsession and that does make me have real friends to interact with.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
i would have cared if I had not already heard of a guy dying from playing warcraft.

Okay, the warcraft guy actually lost his life before he even had an apiffiny(that was really retared), this guy on the other hand relized what has happened. Yes, it was still too late, but atleast he's still alive to do something about it. I'm a gamer and still single, but I always wanted to start a family of my own some day, so yeah, I also have that in the back of my head of possability that I might fall in this same trap. Yeah, I find this sad and I hope to god that he gets on the right path.

And yes Sguy78, you're right, he had ample time to get his act in gear, but you know people, they don't what they would lose until it's already gone...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

That sucks, but you have to put your marriage and children first. Since we had our daughter, I play VG's maybe a couple hours a week, and the only reason I get that is b/c we try to give each other a little time to ourselves each week (children are a lot of work!!). Other than that, it's work, taking care of the house, and taking care of our daughter, and in our spare time we do things together like going to the beach, VG's just have very little room anymore.

One thing I have been doing though, is playing more games that you can have fun with for a few minutes, so if I do find myself with 15 minutes I can squeeze it in.

It might be too late for this guy's marriage, but if he's learned his lesson, then he should work on spending time with his son.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

I don't care about this guy, I never heard about him. But at least he seems to be somewhat famous on the internet. He's got a following that likes his videos, he can come back and make new videos after he's been crying over his lost woman for a couple of days.

Actually I believe that many of us on this site are like this guy already, spending too much time on the internet and gaming instead of our families and friends. Myself, I lost a girlfriend a few years ago when I played Age of Empires and an MMORPG far too much.

Who knows how many ruined social lifes are behind the posters on this site?

It's not just gaming, obsession with anything (drugs, alcohol, etc.) can cause a break down in family relationships. Don't get me wrong, that really sucks for the guy, and I hope that everything works out for him, but obsession comes in many forms.

Around the Network
vgchartzgirl said:
It's not just gaming, obsession with anything (drugs, alcohol, etc.) can cause a break down in family relationships. Don't get me wrong, that really sucks for the guy, and I hope that everything works out for him, but obsession comes in many forms.

Well said.

badgenome said:
vgchartzgirl said:

<redacted>

Man linking that collection should be a bannable offense.