By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gabe Newell: "sorry" to PS3 owners

Newell is noted for his openly negative view of PS3, but when asked about it he said: "If you look at the customers that I feel we've done the worst job at taking care of is the people who bought our product on the PS3 - Orange Box on PS3. Those are the people who I have trouble saying anything to other than 'Yeah, I'm sorry. You have legitimate beef with us.'"

The PS3 version of Orange Box (see it in the video below) was widely criticised for its poor performance and numerous glitches that made it noticeably inferior to the 360 and PC versions.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=221352

Edit: This thread has somehow changed into "The Official Gabe Newell is Fat Thread"? lol

Around the Network

Whatever

"Kinect" Games I am really excited about (Click for videos)

Kinectimals        Dance Central      Kinect-Sports   Kinect-Adventures    Your Shape       Kinect-Forza

Owner of :   slim 1000 +  80GB DSlite

Shut up and go back to your cave, Gabe.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

SORRY ISNT GOOD ENOUGH

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

you talking to me?

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network

haha theres some bitter fanboys in here :P

Thanks for another TF2 update Valve

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

thanny said:
haha theres some bitter fanboys in here :P

Thanks for another TF2 update Valve <3

VALVE fanboy, GET HIM

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Go and have cardiac arrest dear Gabe.

Didn't EA do the PS3 port?

So Valve are saying they won't allow EA to damage their reputation again. EA has all those resources and it can't even get the Source engine to run properly. Wow. Either EA are lazy developers or the PS3 really is a bitch to develop for. I don't blame Valve for not touching it with a barge pole.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Spedfrom said:
Go and have cardiac arrest dear Gabe.

considering that he is overweight.. that may happen.

valve just locked it market with that, its a 24 million and growing user base.