By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DSLover said:
wow at the DS, to sell over 400k in 1 week in these conomic time with no big games in europe or US is quite the achievement. also, why is Wii falling? wasn't wii sports resort supposed to boost sales, it doesn't seem to be doing that.

No Wii Sports Resort wasn't supposed to boost hardware sales, not yet at least.. Iwata stated in his Q1 investor briefing that titles such as Wii Sports Resort (evergreen titles) only begin to raise hardware adoption after 6 - 8 weeks. He said he didn't know why but this has been the trend.

I think people need to understand that Wii Sports Resort is the first big game for Wii this year and it has launched in the slowest part of the year for sales. They also need to understand that it is an evergreen title and is designed to push the momentum of the console in the longer term. What this means is that in 2 months time, Wii Sports Resort will be driving hardware adoption and that it will last for a long time, probably beyond this year.

Another interesting thing to note is the fact that Wii Sports Resort will be hitting its stride right when Wii Fit Plus launches.

Around the Network

The 360 is just getting warmed up wait till this holiday. Ps3 won't get a boost.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Hah,

wii >> X360 + PS3;

Nice, Wii outsold HD twins combined in every region this week. Amazing thing is Wii is so low yoy and is still accomplishing this. But Wii's the system in trouble.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Aion said:

The 360 is just getting warmed up wait till this holiday. Ps3 won't get a boost.

Sarcasm?

OT: Im guessing the PS3 numbers are so low because of stock being low.

Wii < 100k looks odd, although im not surprised its happened with the lack of quality software.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Wii < 100k looks odd, although im not surprised its happened with the lack of quality software.

Really? Damn... I didn't realise my X360, Ps3 and PSP to have such a lack of quality software to the point of selling less than half of the Wii.

Wii at 49%?

Dazkarieh said:
Carl2291 said:

Really? Damn... I didn't realise my X360, Ps3 and PSP to have such a lack of quality software to the point of selling less than half of the Wii.

Yes, really.

Look at its sales last year, with lots of good games.

Look at its sales this year, with what... one good game being released?

Carl2291 said:
Dazkarieh said:
Carl2291 said:

Yes, really.

That's right. I never thought about that. Good point. I don't know why did I thought that the state of the economy had anything to do with it. Stupid thoughts!!

Oh and BTW, I've been playing more good games this year than last year on any current gen console. And I purchased much more too.

Dazkarieh said:
Carl2291 said:
Dazkarieh said:
Carl2291 said:

Yes, really.

That's right. I never thought about that. Good point. I don't know why did I thought that the state of the economy had anything to do with it. Stupid thoughts!!

Oh and BTW, I've been playing more good games this year than last year on any current gen console. And I purchased much more too.

Did i ever say that lack of good games was the ONLY reason it was dropping fast? No, i didn't.

In my eyes though, the main factor for Wii slowing down is the games being released. Compared to last year, this year has been terrible for Wii software, both quality AND sales-wise.