By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Benelux accounts for 63 - 77 % of PS3 sales in "other Europe"

stclam said:
Kasz216 said:
MikeB said:
@ sharky

Probably much less PS3 are sold in Taiwan as they do not like Japanese product much like China hate Japan .

The PS3 is being made in Taiwan. China loves the US?

Apart from Hong Kong, I don't think the PS3 has yet launched in China.

"According to an article in The Wall Street Journal today, Sony is doubling its marketing budget in mainland China to “help boost its sales there by at least 50% and keep it on track to reach the $10 billion mark in fiscal year 2008-09.”"

Compared to how they feel about the Japanese... yeah China loves the US.

Look into WW2 and Nanking.  Those wounds are far from healed.

Doubt it'll have anything to do with sales though considering piracy is practically a culture over there.

It' not purely about WW2, the cause of hate against japanese, american and taiwanese (in recent years, korean too) is way more complicated

Chinese people are castrated for thousands years (as i'm a chinese myself, so no racism here), 1.3 billion people are in mass hysteria now, they feels it's time to take control of the world and punish their nemesis

it's not history problem anymore, it's psycho problem

You are talking about a small part of the people.

I even would compare them with the USA citizens who are always saying 'USA is the best'.

So far I lived in China (Guangzhou)  I don't saw so much hate against the Japanese,  even my neigbours were Japanese.

Aren't you blowing up the problem to high?

Around the Network

@ stclam

These are the Taiwan sales figures at the End of Aug

X360:102k

PS3:47k

Thanks, do you have any data with regard to Hong Kong (and maybe South Korea)?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

konnichiwa said:
stclam said:
Kasz216 said:
MikeB said:
@ sharky

Probably much less PS3 are sold in Taiwan as they do not like Japanese product much like China hate Japan .

The PS3 is being made in Taiwan. China loves the US?

Apart from Hong Kong, I don't think the PS3 has yet launched in China.

"According to an article in The Wall Street Journal today, Sony is doubling its marketing budget in mainland China to “help boost its sales there by at least 50% and keep it on track to reach the $10 billion mark in fiscal year 2008-09.”"

Compared to how they feel about the Japanese... yeah China loves the US.

Look into WW2 and Nanking.  Those wounds are far from healed.

Doubt it'll have anything to do with sales though considering piracy is practically a culture over there.

It' not purely about WW2, the cause of hate against japanese, american and taiwanese (in recent years, korean too) is way more complicated

Chinese people are castrated for thousands years (as i'm a chinese myself, so no racism here), 1.3 billion people are in mass hysteria now, they feels it's time to take control of the world and punish their nemesis

it's not history problem anymore, it's psycho problem

You are talking about a small part of the people.

I even would compare them with the USA citizens who are always saying 'USA is the best'.

So far I lived in China (Guangzhou)  I don't saw so much hate against the Japanese,  even my neigbours were Japanese.

Aren't you blowing up the problem to high?

that's just my observation, could be right, could be wrong

and let's talk about video games instead

Haha okey, just worried, you sounded like Taro Aso who said all Chinese citizens were born with Nuclear rackets on their back.

MikeB said:
@ stclam

These are the Taiwan sales figures at the End of Aug

X360:102k

PS3:47k

Thanks, do you have any data with regard to Hong Kong (and maybe South Korea)?

In the same article, it states that in S.Korea (End of AUg)

X360: 136k

PS3: 5k

please be noted PS3 was not officially released in there until mid-June, so the 5K figures is kinda meaningless

I haven't seen any sales information about HongKong