By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Benelux accounts for 63 - 77 % of PS3 sales in "other Europe"

MikeB said:
@ TWRoO

Russian population live in the West)
but again we have no idea whether ioi includes them or which category if he does, why not ask him.

I know and I did several times. Without proving us specifics, he did once state they lacked data.

ITWire: "Iberia and France are showing strong revenues, too, while SCEE distributor territories such as Russia and the Middle East are performing above expectations."

PS3 marketing in Russia:

Sony seems to have put more effort in selling the PS3 in "poor" huge Russia, than in "rich" tiny Benelux.

And people were saying Microsoft is desperate in Japan. O_O

Around the Network

I'm more curious about India...

Who's winning there? how big is that gaming market?

I've looked but never been able to find any type of data

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

RUSSIA! ))) ~140 M. people but very low sales ((
in Russia... PSP wins DS, PS3 wins X360 and PS2 wins PS3 ))

ioi said:
Portugal data is included within Spain.

If possible you should rename it to Iberia then!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

ziss said:
RUSSIA! ))) ~140 M. people but very low sales ((
in Russia... PSP wins DS, PS3 wins X360 and PS2 wins PS3 ))

In think it would be more acurate to say in Russia, piracy wins.

Around the Network

Saiyar, yes piracy wins, but not on PS3 ))

ps3 will win piriod

@ ioi

I'm happy my post caught your attention.

@ gebx

I'm more curious about India...

Who's winning there? how big is that gaming market?

I've looked but never been able to find any type of data

Two things are for sure, first of all in India the PS2 is by far the most popular console and secondly the XBox 360 has performed miserable over there, selling less than one thousand units until February 2007 (Source: gameguru.in), over there the vast majority of people don't even seem to have a clue what a "XBox" is.

Considering the PS2's popularity, the PS3 is expected to perform much better than the XBox 360 has performed. Although Sony's target for 2007 was only 10,000 units.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

One thing's for sure, PS3 is selling very little worldwide. Most people just do not want PS3. Xbox 360 is more popular and sells better worldwide.

BTW, about Taiwain which was mentioned, I read 100,00 Xbox 360's have been sold there. This was from a Koei presentation that mentioned sales. Probably much less PS3 are sold in Taiwan as they do not like Japanese product much like China hate Japan . 

Australia is not classified as other, we got our own seperate charts (as you can see on the PAL charts) since we arn't Europe.