By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official July 09 NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 PM for 4 weeks ending Aug 1)

Well it certainly took them long but seems like americans finally noticed they are not getting $250 worth with the Wii and X360 is much better buy at 200$.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
Well it certainly took them long but seems like americans finally noticed they are not getting $250 worth with the Wii and X360 is much better buy at 200$.

Yet despite this realization they still bought 50,000 more wii's

mM
leo-j said:
Zlejedi said:

Yet despite this realization they still bought 50,000 more wii's

Give it time. Few months ago we would have thought it's impossible for X360 to be selling this close to Wii.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I don't know what to say

Everyones down

the console that got a big price drop (360) is barely above last years numbers, which one member said weren't that great at the time

So the industry isn't recession proof

Did any other numbers get leaked? GAF has Little King's Story at 6k and the Conduit at 60-70k.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network
Ail said:
TheSource said:

I'm expecting PS3/360 hardware cuts but since NPD doesn't provide weekly sales, Wii may have boosted alot in the week Wii Sports Resort was out. August will be telling in that regard. I suspect if Wii flatlines or drops in August, then yeah, we get a Wii price cut. No shame in it really, Wii came in Nov 2006 - one price cut in three years is unbelievable historically speaking.

That's not really what VGChartz numbers showed...

The only way this would be true was if Wii sales were much lower than VGChartz the first 3 weeks of July and closer to VGChartz the last week.

That would mean that on a weekly basis the number on this site are actually much more off than the monthly comparison with NPD shows...

Also if you saw the post I made in the last page, we were damn close on everything else. So its less likely that we are off.

Tease.