By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Didn't think Nintendo could do it but...

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do ^^^^^

Around the Network

Yeap , I have to agree ... great win for the Nintendo side ... the real question is : will it sell ? ( it will probably ... ) .

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

albionus said:

Wow, usually people have trouble understanding what other people wrote not what they themselves wrote. Let's take a look at what you said, "That's the great part about it. If you have the $$$, you can enjoy the games from them all. " Let's start with price, so what does "if you have the $$$" mean? It means if you have the money that you can afford paying the PRICE for all three consoles. What was your point? "That's the great part", what part? "if you have the $$$, you can enjoy the games from them all". That is if you can afford the PRICE of all three you can enjoy all the games that are made which is great.

Money.

If you have the money, you can enjoy them all. It is a blanket statement that holds true whether the consoles cost $25, $250, or $2500.

I thought that was pretty obvious. I suppose an explanation is needed for some.

albionus said:

Your may have intended your main point to be about choice and not money but the way your post gives little indication of that.

Really? Did you not even read the post of mine that's just a few down? Are you so unable to infer a context that you truly believe this?

To quote it for your benefit:

The great part is that you have the freedom to choose what you want.

To anyone not looking to start an argument, I think my position is pretty clear. If it wasn't made from the post above, certainly the post below cleared that up. You did read the one below right? Right...

albionus said:

Now my response, "What's so great about it?" followed by reasons that the high prices of the PS360 is preventing people from getting all three consoles this time around due to all the $$$ you have to have to enjoy all three. As for choice, of course it is great. However, as you first post showed you understand, price is a major limiter of choice. Otherwise I would be deciding whether I want a Bentley or an Aston-Martin and not choosing between used Hondas. I am not debating and no where did I even hint that owning one console is better than owning all three so I'm not sure from where that came. My point, as obviously stated at the very start of my post was simply, "What's so great about it?" (it being the requirement that people to shell out a lot of money, due to their high price, to enjoy all three consoles instead of them being affordable, due to their low price, like last gen).

You still show that you do not understand.

The point has nothing to do with price. The point was that being able to choose which console you want is of value. There's nothing that says if you buy a Wii you cannot buy a PS3 and support both.

albionus said:

Come on, I expect better from someone with "words of wisdom" as his ID.

I expect better from someone who can pass 4th grade reading comprehension. Guess we're both disappointed.

PS: Play nice and I will too. Insults aren't nice and it makes me sad to throw them.

i think alot of people are looking at the wi that way---get it....AND the 360 or the Ps3

^^^^ Yeah, I definetly want the Wii and the PS3. That'll be expensive but worth it.

Around the Network

PS: Play nice and I will too. Insults aren't nice and it makes me sad to throw them.

Then don't do it. No one is forcing you to toss insults at people.

Admittedly, albionus left you little choice but to destroy his entire argument, but nothing in his post required you to make the "4th grade" comment.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Wow, this is getting kinda creepy. My new roommate was kind of the same. A HUGE 360 fan that pretty much mocked the Wii. But ever since Sonic was announced he's like "Oh man, this is going to be great! Only 53 days until Brawl comes out!!" and he keeps asking me questions like how much Wiimotes cost, what are the top games that I haven't bought yet, etc etc.

He hasn't played Halo3 for about 24 hours now. I'm scarred.

^^^ I haven't played halo in like thirty six hours. It may be something in the air, or the water. Or maybe Nintendo poisoned the PS3 and 360s after leaving the factory and my immune system was comprimised due to my recent cold and I caught it early. Maybe by tomorrow everyone will have it.... I'm scared :(

I for one welcome the return of our old school gaming overlords.

Sorry, just feels like I should say that.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA