By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3 now confirmed to be Wii exclusive

There's no release date yet, but I imagine somewhere 2nd half 2008

Around the Network

@kber81

Congratulations not on your logic but having the sheer testicular fortitude to come into this thread and say that. The attach rate the game would have needed in Japan had it been on the PS3 would be astronomical. Even if you believe that consoles sold at release would be two million. The game would have had to have an attach rate of around forty percent to generate a decent profit. Whereas if the Wii has sold six or seven million units by that point. Thanks to a higher install base, and lower production costs. The game would only need to reach a ten percent attach rate to generate decent profits.

I am sure this has been explained to you before in the past as being one of the major flaws in the PS3 design strategy. Developers have to sell many more copies of a game to reach parody of expense then they must do so on the Wii. That becomes increasingly difficult when the install base is of such a low number. The reality is that by making the game for the Wii Capcom reduces their risks, and as an added bonus they can generate far greater profits. So how could this have been a bad decision on their part?

I think the green eyed monster got you, and got you good. Envy is a terrible thing. Self service is rarely a good view point when trying to understand a situation. Whether you like the reality or not. I wonder were you hoping to play this game if so have you started to consider buying a Wii?

I am still trying to figure out how you think Capcom moving Monster Hunter 3 to Wii is a bad move Kber81. The game is going to launch on a system with a much higher userbase than the PS3. What makes you think that MH3 on PS3 would have done any better than Dynasty Warriors: Gundam? MH3 should sell at least 500k the first month on Wii and over a million lifetime. If the game would have been on PS3 as planned I can't see how it would have sold more than 500k lifetime and the Wii version would much less costly for Capcom to develop.

Edit: Seems Dodece said want I was going to but much more eloquently. Damn I hate posting from work. Because I have to well do work, it takes me some time to make a decent post

Oh stop being so childish...kber's got the right to make his predictions. I also disagree with him, but it's not like it's a definite thing...anything could happen.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

waaaaaahhh sour grapes.

EDIT:  Sorry Ben, didn't see your post until after I posted mine.  Still, I think it reeks of envy and he just seems a little butt-hurt over it. 

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Oh stop being so childish...kber's got the right to make his predictions. I also disagree with him, but it's not like it's a definite thing...anything could happen.

I have the right to run to down my street backwards while muttering gibberish, my neighbors also have the right to point out how foolish I am being.

If it IS 2nd half o 08

then that sees FF XIII releasing

Which has no competition

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hKCt0HqOkjI

Trailer for the Game.

Capcom has been milking MH fans with so many monster hunter games. I am really curious what significant improvement MH3 is going to make this time. MH is just not the type of game you need to use Wiimote. Yes, adding Wiimote to this game can be fun, but not critical.

Before this announcement, I, as a big MH fan, was hoping to have the HD quality and awesome online experiences with MH3. A lot of my die-hard MH gaming friends were really looking forward to playing MH3 on their PS3/Xbox360 (yes, we are prepared to hear Capcom announcing MH3 to be cross platform). But the 480p quality on Wii makes the most of us decide to stick to the MH games we already have on PS2 and PSP.

I can understand the developing cost for PS3 version will be much higher than the Wii version, but common, Capcom, you should prove yourself that you can do it.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Aaaaand the dust settles...

All I gotta say is:

I thought FF7 wouldn't sell because Square "betrayed" Nintendo. Especially with a great audience that bought FF6 (and made North America a viable market for JRPGs.) And everyone hates loading times. And after seeing an FMV for the first time it would be boring thereafter. And a million other excuses I could make up for being pissed about a 3rd party betraying my favorite console.

Yeah, I was eating industrial-strength crow afterwards. From a hose.

A game series's fanbase will easily change systems if they need to.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.