By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monster Hunter 3 now confirmed to be Wii exclusive

now nintendo own japan esp. with all the dragon quest games cummin on ds and now this on wii...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

yeah but what if MH4 will be wii exclusive 2?

this will sell very well on the Wii , but not to the hardcore nintendo buyers

this game will sell so much in japan.

naznatips said:
SleepWaking said:
wenlan said:
Capcom has been milking MH fans with so many monster hunter games. I am really curious what significant improvement MH3 is going to make this time. MH is just not the type of game you need to use Wiimote. Yes, adding Wiimote to this game can be fun, but not critical.

Before this announcement, I, as a big MH fan, was hoping to have the HD quality and awesome online experiences with MH3. A lot of my die-hard MH gaming friends were really looking forward to playing MH3 on their PS3/Xbox360 (yes, we are prepared to hear Capcom announcing MH3 to be cross platform). But the 480p quality on Wii makes the most of us decide to stick to the MH games we already have on PS2 and PSP.

I can understand the developing cost for PS3 version will be much higher than the Wii version, but common, Capcom, you should prove yourself that you can do it.

ah boohoo now it's on thewii and you don't like it anymore.

'I, as a big MH fan'

yeah it seems to me that your a real fan.

Exactly.  Wenlan what you are saying is you aren't an MH Fan your just a graphics whore, which doesn't make sense considering the other MH games are not graphically impressive at all.  If you were a true fan you would follow the game, not the company.  Soriku is less of a fanboy than you.  Yeah, that sounds like an insult, but consider this:  Soriku is a KH fan.  So much so that he was willing to completely switch consoles in the hopes of playing it (even if he really had no concrete evidence it will be on the Wii).   That's what being a fan of a game is.  Your not a fan.  You have no right to call yourself a fan of that game.

Apparently, my definition for “fan” is different from yours.  Who are you to tell me that I have no right to call myself as a fan of MH?  How many MH games have your played and how many of your friends are die-hard fans spening hundred of hours on MH games?  I am not a “die-hard” fan of any video game, but I like good games.  I simply try to say what I heard and what I think about this announcement.  Express your own opinions on the topics, don’t insult other people, please!  Put “yeah, that sounds like an insult” in front of the insult doesn’t make it sounds better. 

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Monster Hunter 3 comming to Nintendo? God that is one death blow to Sony.

This is mindless trolling. A "death blow to Sony"? The playstation 3 was never out selling the Wii, nor was it ever close to the Wii. Even with this game, Sony was never going to outsell the Wii, and you know that. You just wanted to take cheap shots at Sony, and that was the whole purpose of your post.

Sorry, but if your definition of fan is "I only like the game if it's on this console" and "I'll judge the game to be worse on this console than another based on nothing but HD graphics" then I have very little respect for you. If you are insulted by being compared to Soriku then aren't you the one insulting Soriku? A fan cares about the game, not the game system. They certainly don't judge the game to be worse due to game system long before it's release. You are far from my definition of a fan.

grandmaster192 said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Monster Hunter 3 comming to Nintendo? God that is one death blow to Sony.

This is mindless trolling. A "death blow to Sony"? The playstation 3 was never out selling the Wii, nor was it ever close to the Wii. Even with this game, Sony was never going to outsell the Wii, and you know that. You just wanted to take cheap shots at Sony, and that was the whole purpose of your post.

Call it trolling if you must but it's hardly mindless. This was one of the biggest franchises on the Sony consoles in Japan and now that its going to Nintendo, that's a big deal. I'm sorry that you feel my pointing out the obvious is trolling, but this is a big black eye to Sony.

I actually searched for this to post a question...

Why does Capcom base the decision on "price to develop" then move to the Wii?

Could you not still develop it for the PS3 using only the PPU and RSX and still come out better looking than the Wii? I think so. In fact, I know so. The excuse that it's too expensive to develop for is BS and a cop-out to hide that real reason for the switch. Install base.

I won't argue that the PS3 is harder to get the most out of it, but I will argue that you could easily do Monster hunter on the PS3 and make it "good enough" and better looking than the Wii graphically. You don't have to create MGS, Haze, or Killzone quality graphics just to produce a PS3 game. There's plenty of power there without touching the SPUs, and as someone who has done Cell development, the SPU is nothing more than an additional core for a "simple" process. The one PPU and RSX is more than enough for a Monster Hunter type game.

I just hate being lied to. Enjoy your thread.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

THis is no Death Blow to SONY

THe king of all JRPG's remains

FF XIII

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million