By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Next 360 redesign...JASPER

Source

"Microsoft didn’t want you to know about Falcon, and it certainly doesn’t want you to know about its successor Jasper. But that’s another secret we have to unveil.

Jasper is the code name for the next motherboard for the Xbox 360. It will becoming next August, in time for next year’s holiday season. Jasper is going to have a 65-nanometer graphics chip from ATI Technologies, as well as smaller memory chips. That isn’t much information, but it’s enough to tell us about their cost-reduction plan. If you ask me, it’s a bit of a slow pace."

So all Falcon did was reduce the CPU to 65nm, next year will see the GPU reduced? Hmm. Seems like we have another year atleast to see the rrod finally reduce in % of consoles sold.

Around the Network

And still, we are not sure if that will fix the RRODs... when they will stick to a good, stable model?

So, it seems I won't be buying a 360 this year... sigh

I think they could've thought of a sexier name than that...

Jasper?!

The RRODs are caused by the X Clamps and heat... i doub it will fix it unless it cuts the heat by more then 30 degrees.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

hey jasper jones was cool

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Source

"Microsoft didn’t want you to know about Falcon, and it certainly doesn’t want you to know about its successor Jasper. But that’s another secret we have to unveil.

Jasper is the code name for the next motherboard for the Xbox 360. It will becoming next August, in time for next year’s holiday season. Jasper is going to have a 65-nanometer graphics chip from ATI Technologies, as well as smaller memory chips. That isn’t much information, but it’s enough to tell us about their cost-reduction plan. If you ask me, it’s a bit of a slow pace."

So all Falcon did was reduce the CPU to 65nm, next year will see the GPU reduced? Hmm. Seems like we have another year atleast to see the rrod finally reduce in % of consoles sold.

How do you know that the newest 360s didn't cut down on the % that experience RROD?

Jasper, the Friendly Ghost. He Red Rings with a Smile.

Corporate Reacharound Pack Sold Separately.®

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Legend11 said:
superchunk said:

Source

Jasper is the code name for the next motherboard for the Xbox 360. It will becoming next August, in time for next year’s holiday season. Jasper is going to have a 65-nanometer graphics chip from ATI Technologies, as well as smaller memory chips. That isn’t much information, but it’s enough to tell us about their cost-reduction plan. If you ask me, it’s a bit of a slow pace."

How do you know that the newest 360s didn't cut down on the % that experience RROD?

I don't. However, it has just released and there are already reports of these models rrod'ing, so....I think the problem is still there.

MontanaHatchet said:
I think they could've thought of a sexier name than that...

Jasper?!

Mmn.. sounds Swedish. Clearly they're trying to expand their fanbase. =P

ssj12 said:
The RRODs are caused by the X Clamps and heat... i doub it will fix it unless it cuts the heat by more then 30 degrees.

X Clamps are heatsink stuff right? So, if you have the (mad) skill(z), you can mod your 360 and fix it yourself?

Not the perfect thing, but may be the answer for people like me who are tired of waiting.