By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Virtual Console games are too expensive . . .

Khuutra said:
theARTIST0017 said:
ok ok some of you have good points. some games are worth it more than others, SM RPG, LoZ, but i still stand by my case. And someone else made another good point. VC could be better. It seems like Nintendo is being lazy. There are so many more good games that havent been released on it.

Nintendo should have a suggestions board where people suggest what games they want to come out on the VC.

This I kind of agree with. I basically want their entire catalog on there.

Yes. YEES Their entire catalog on their for every system where all the games are free then Nintendo can finally rule! Jk!
No but I remember when Satoru Iwata was hyping the VC before its release and in the interviews they asked him if the games would be free and he said its a posibility. And where's our DSi VC with GB and GBA games?

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

Around the Network

i like VC, the good games are fairly priced, but the shitty ones are overpriced, and the problem is that theres so many shitty games on the VC and Wiiware.

theARTIST0017 said:
NightDragon83 said:
I kind of felt the same way at first, but then again... most SNES and N64 games for example are a steal at $8 or $10, because the titles that are currently available on the VC regularly go for at least twice that in the used game market. Good luck finding a copy of Mario RPG or Secret of Mana in relatively good condition for $8, or a copy of Paper Mario, Ocarina or Majora's Mask (gold editions) for $10. Plus you're getting a lot more bang for your buck for these games.

On the other hand I do think that most NES/TG-16/Commodore 64/Master System games are overpriced and should be a bit cheaper, maybe $2-$3 aside from major titles like the Mario and Sonic games of course. But then again... Microsoft charges no less than $5 for age-old arcade games like Pac Man, Asteroids, Joust, Galaga, etc., so why shouldn't Nintendo charge the same on the VC?

What? Secret of Mana is on the VC? No way!
And to your second point. Well Microsoft will be Microsoft and besides they are known for pricy products. But Nintendo should still lower their prices, and then maybe that'll make Xbox owners a little jealous . . . ha ha jk.

Yes way!  It came out back in Nov. or Dec. in North America... I actually got mine gifted via VGC's Secret Santa event (big shout out to NoName2200!)

LOL well I'm a Wii60 owner and overall I'm pretty happy with both, although the 360 arcade does have a much better selection of new and original titles than WiiWare does.  Just downloaded 'Splosion man and I love it... as soon as I get some MS points I'm gonna pay for the full version!  I've only downloaded a handful of VC games because most of the ones I'd want, I already own original copies.  I also got all the Strong Bad games and Mega Man 9 off WiiWare... it just didn't seem right playing MM9 on the 360 lol!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

lol good luck finding any LoZ game on a console less than 10 dollars, or any other AAA game that nintendo made for less than 10 dollars

I do think the price for N64 is too high. Sony charges $5.99 for normal PS1 games and $9.99 for big games like Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy VII.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
NightDragon83 said:
theARTIST0017 said:
NightDragon83 said:
I kind of felt the same way at first, but then again... most SNES and N64 games for example are a steal at $8 or $10, because the titles that are currently available on the VC regularly go for at least twice that in the used game market. Good luck finding a copy of Mario RPG or Secret of Mana in relatively good condition for $8, or a copy of Paper Mario, Ocarina or Majora's Mask (gold editions) for $10. Plus you're getting a lot more bang for your buck for these games.

On the other hand I do think that most NES/TG-16/Commodore 64/Master System games are overpriced and should be a bit cheaper, maybe $2-$3 aside from major titles like the Mario and Sonic games of course. But then again... Microsoft charges no less than $5 for age-old arcade games like Pac Man, Asteroids, Joust, Galaga, etc., so why shouldn't Nintendo charge the same on the VC?

What? Secret of Mana is on the VC? No way!
And to your second point. Well Microsoft will be Microsoft and besides they are known for pricy products. But Nintendo should still lower their prices, and then maybe that'll make Xbox owners a little jealous . . . ha ha jk.

Yes way! It came out back in Nov. or Dec. in North America... I actually got mine gifted via VGC's Secret Santa event (big shout out to NoName2200!)

LOL well I'm a Wii60 owner and overall I'm pretty happy with both, although the 360 arcade does have a much better selection of new and original titles than WiiWare does. Just downloaded 'Splosion man and I love it... as soon as I get some MS points I'm gonna pay for the full version! I've only downloaded a handful of VC games because most of the ones I'd want, I already own original copies. I also got all the Strong Bad games and Mega Man 9 off WiiWare... it just didn't seem right playing MM9 on the 360 lol!

Have you check out Night Game for WiiWare. It looks pretty cool.

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

not for me. They are fine.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

There was a chart once upon a time that had compared all available VC games at the time to their going aftermarket prices, that let you figure out exactly which ones were ripoffs, and which ones weren't, and which ones were godsend steals (all i remember is that F-Zero X was overpriced, and Magician Lord for Neo Geo was insanely undercharged for)

Actually, here it is, not updated since January 24th, 2008 though.

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/416

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

MrBubbles said:
its hard to justify purchases from these services....but some games are worth it.

Just my thought.

I am beyond happy to pay 5 dollars just to play Super Mario Bros 3 again, and again...and again....and again.

...and again.

The prices for the VC are fair it is just some consoles like the n64 and neogeo, etc need more games. BTW my #1 complaint about console pricing is that no console is set to $7 (700 points). The only 2 games that stand out of the like 7 to choose from is final soldier or bomberman '94