By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 will prevail again this Christmas IMO!

seece said:
I think you need to keep in mind though Kantor, that Microsoft are a bunch of loons, I'm starting to wonder if a big fanboy is running Microsoft Xbox HQ

They will do anything to win!

He's called Steve Ballmer

Around the Network

The price of the Elite will match the price of the PS3. The 360 Arcade will be half the price of the PS3 making it the best price for lots of gamers to pick up a new next gen system.

The race will between the 360 and PS3 will be closer than last year but the 360 should win by around 500k units over the Xmas sales period. The XBox 360 over PS3 will widen to a 9 million lead over PS3 by end of 2009.

@numonex

that seems correct if they drop price

If they'll bring the price down to $99.99, I'll buy a new 360 this holiday. Besides, I think they owe all of us whose 360's have been hit by rrod whether in or out of warranty new ones at a much cheaper price anyway.

I agree 360 will outsell it by around the same number.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

so what I agree :

Xbox360 arcade is just the only reason the 360 is able to selll so well versus the PS3 during Xmas : cheaper entry price is a key factor.
Xbox360 sales will still be very good this Xmas du to the Arcade sku

what I dont agree (bubble bursting ON)

Who said Arcade will have a price drop this Xmas ?
Who said HDD will have a price drop this Xmas ?
Since recession is killing USA, one could expect PAL to dominate NA this Xmas
Xbox360 is already the core gamers console BUT always keep in mind, these core gamers LOVE to buy multiple console during the same generation : all 360 fanboys ==> upgrade PS3 !!!
price cut effect are generally enought powerfull to drive the sales during 1 full years (see the year to year comparaison between 2008 and 2009 : thx the 2 xbox360 price cut in PAL, and the one in NA/Japan)
Wii price cut anyone (= Arcade 360 R.I.P) ?

well, the 1 september is gonna be funny on VGChartz

Time to Work !

MidnightRider85 said:
If they'll bring the price down to $99.99, I'll buy a new 360 this holiday. Besides, I think they owe all of us whose 360's have been hit by rrod whether in or out of warranty new ones at a much cheaper price anyway.

those people can now buy a PS3 you know ...

and you know what ? it doesn't break !

Time to Work !

Kantor said:
I hope the Xbox Man is reading this.

See, THIS is how you make a stealth trolling "360 will win" thread

And dont we just know it

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Bold prediction: MS doesn't need to drop the price of Arcade and will still win.

Obvious prediction: Wii destroys everything as usual.

It's just that simple.

libellule said:
MidnightRider85 said:

those people can now buy a PS3 you know ...

and you know what ? it doesn't break !

And on the off chance it does break, it's YOUR fault and it's because YOU haven't been taking care of it.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective