By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MS doesn't only steal games, songs too!

This reminds me of when Sony used the Zelda theme in one of their events.

Always funny.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

lol

Video if anyone is interested.

Pixel Art can be fun.

kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
WheelStriker said:
Get the freak out of the gaming industry microsoft. Maybe you should sell the xbox brand to sega. That way everyone will be happy once again, like the old days.

You want them to leave the industry because they used the LBP theme song a british pop song by The Go! team in an ad?

Isn't that a bit excessive?

for completeness...

hell... I think there are some songs that are available in both Singstar and LIPS.... nooooo.... theft!!!!!!  screw you MS!!!

please... this is a stupid thread.

In all your posts you still pretend you didn't read that vast majority of MS criticist posts in this thread that by no means say it was a theft, but simply define it a move that was probably intended as clever by MS and maybe didn't end up as desired.

Anyway, as I wrote, MS fans keeping the issue in the spotlight, thinking they are proudly defending their beloved mommy, are just making things worse for it, the best thing that can happen to Sony is that the matter spreads outside gamers sites to mainstream media, giving LBP more fame outside the core gaming community. I really won't try to stop them.    

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Wow...MS is garbage confirmed. I think it's more pathetic than upsetting though. MS has really run out of ideas. To be honest, I think they're absolutely terrified of the PS3 Slim rumors and GT5. Terrified.

Around the Network

^^
Alone it wouldn't mean so much, but add the news spreading with the fact that megastores have currently PS3+LBP+another game bundles on their shelves and the effect for sales should be >0. And whatever the effect on LBP, even very small, it's free for Sony and fully paid by MS. Yes, much smaller than Sony paying Windows licenses for its PC's, but we don't think LBP has the ambition to become as big as Windows, do we? The scale is more similar to MS financing Baystar that on its turn finances SCO during its lawsuit against Linux just to see every effort fucked-up, and SCO with them too, and Linux coming out stronger than before.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I knew MS is always ripping others off, but this one was funny in a special way. I honestly thought I was watching a commercial for Little Big Planet for half the trailer, I was just waiting for them to say "and now, COMING to Xbox 360....blah blah blah", but really, all that happened was that they told us we can connect to LIVE for free (and by connect I'm pretty sure they mean go to the page where all the paid stuff is and give you a box where you put in your credit card information). Sad attempt by MS to rip-off last years GOTY. And guys, don't worry, companies copy each other alot. There's way too much damage control in here from 360 guys.

BrayanA said:
Kantor said:
kowenicki said:
Kantor said:
WheelStriker said:
Get the freak out of the gaming industry microsoft. Maybe you should sell the xbox brand to sega. That way everyone will be happy once again, like the old days.

You want them to leave the industry because they used the LBP theme song a british pop song by The Go! team in an ad?

for completeness...

hell... I think there are some songs that are available in both Singstar and LIPS.... nooooo.... theft!!!!!!  screw you MS!!!

please... this is a stupid thread.

I know it's not Sony's song, it's just an odd choice. And on a gaming forum, particularly in the Sony section, it's probably more well known as the LBP theme song than a song by some Brighton pop band. 

I just think it's an odd choice. Microsoft aren't evil or anything.

Unfortunately for you this song officially is "song by some Brighton pop band" and MS don't care how this song is known unofficially on "gaming forum, particularly in the Sony section".

What do you mean "Unfortunately for me"? I don't care what song Microsoft chooses to use to advertise their console. It's just that they were probably aware that it was a song associated by many with a Sony game, which is why I think it's an odd choice.

I know Microsoft doesn't care about what the informed demographic thinks, my comment was pertaining to people asking why this thread exists. It's just...interesting, like the Sony conference with Zelda music.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

its Microsoft . them and Apple always do it like "IN YO FACE BITCHES!" which in my opinion is childish , but its typical for american companies to do this....

WheelStriker said:

You want them to leave the industry because they used the LBP theme song in an ad?

The gaming market should know by now that the song is the theme song for little big planet. And microsoft should know better than to use the song for their "partly" misleading commercial.

It's their lack of business ethics is what makes people like me want them to leave the gaming industry. Not just because they used the little big planer theme in their advert. 

LOL, no the 2 or so million that bought it will know, the other 100 million will be clueless ...