By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 Graphics Changes in Action

I just noticed, what's with her (in her perspective) right shoulder? It's like a sharp diagonal?

Ew.

Edit: More pics

Around the Network

Like the guys on the site said, I also believe that the first screenshot was retouched or it was from the PC build (we all know the game is being developed on PC first).

Besides, they definitely need to retouch a few things for the game to run at a constant framerate. I wasn't too pleased with what I've seen from game footage recently.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Akvod said:
I just noticed, what's with her (in her perspective) right shoulder? It's like a sharp diagonal?

Ew.

It just seems to have a LOT less detail.

If this has been caused by the 360 il be pissed. Hopefully the PS3 version hasn't been affected and the bodged version is the 360 one.

Damn! What the hell happened?! In the second image, Lighting looks like a drawing! Her shoulder looks stiff and her clothe look generic. Dammit SE!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

stof said:
The faces themselves look a lot better in the second version. This looks like a big improvement to me.

your kidden, her face is MUCH more detailed like blush on her cheeks ..the second pic takes that out for a typical anime look

Around the Network

The first screen shot looks better overall. In the second screen shot, the hair seems less complex and the polygon count seems lower. Look at Lightning's shoulder for example. Her face does seem much better in the second shot and they've seem to have added depth of field as well.

Come on stof! you can't be serious!
Edit: Xain beat me to it.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

her hair looks WAAAAY better in the in the 1st pic

Still, the hair is very impressive no matter how you look at it. The only other game to feature hair as good looking as that is Star Ocean: The Last Hope!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Anyone notice Lightning's Sword in my pics?... whatever hype I had for the game (mostly due to graphics since I didn't play the demo, which is progressively becoming less of a factor after KZ2, soon Uncharted 2, and GT5 come out).

Jesus Christ... look at her fucking sword...