By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF13 Graphics Changes in Action

Something is wrong with that second picture. It's like either the whole thing went through a blur filter or the image quality was reduced.

The floor texture is the only thing worth noting. I'm not sure why they would change a unique looking texture for a drab-repeatable one.

Around the Network

Here's hoping that the OP has them the wrong way round, that the 2nd pics are the original ones and the 1st pics are the new IMPROVED ones lol!

Wishful thinking me thinks

The first pics were probably PC bullshots.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Something is wrong with that second picture. It's like either the whole thing went through a blur filter or the image quality was reduced.

The floor texture is the only thing worth noting. I'm not sure why they would change a unique looking texture for a drab-repeatable one.

YES!!!... i noticed that too...why did they change floor pattern?????

It's PC engine vs. Console work. We know the game is being built on the PC engine first (they already said that). This is the downgrade to the engine being used on the consoles. What we saw first was basically target renders.

Around the Network

It does look like pre-redered vs in-game. I haven't been too impressed graphically by FFXIII either technicaly or artisticaly from what I've seen in trailers. In fact most Japanese developers haven't really pushed graphics this gen on a technical level except the MGS4 team and possibly the teams behind Last Guardian and GT5.

i don't care if the 360's graphics sucks alittle more, i'm just glad it's coming to the 360

naznatips said:
It's PC engine vs. Console work. We know the game is being built on the PC engine first (they already said that). This is the downgrade to the engine being used on the consoles. What we saw first was basically target renders.

did i miss something???....i thought it was being optimized for PS3...not ported from PC????

^ Isn't it always like this? From PC to consoles (don't count GTA IV though...)?

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

SE said that the game was beinb optimized for PS3..then ported to 360....not being optimized for PC then ported to PS360