By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony reveals lifetime sales for PS3 and PS3 titles

Squilliam said:
Zlejedi: I don't mind that ioi would ban your Xbox 360 fanboy ass, but it does bother me that he would have to go to the effort. Why not try reading the above explanations?

Yes I know it's dangerous to question VGC accuracy becouse you might get banned.

For example i got my last ban for suggesting conduit will be adjusted down after NPD numbers comes out 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Kotaku stuffed up.

The change in 2006 was not from shipped to retail to sell through, it was from shipped to warehouses to shipped to retail.

This figure fits fairly neatly with the current VGC numbers so I don't know what the fuss is about.

it isn't shipped to retailers.In 2007 Sony started to record sales to consumers,so this is the numbers sold to consumers

Is it seriously this difficult to comprehend? I mean you can either read the whole thread and learn from people who work within the industry or read their actual financial reports on their Investor Relations web site.

Either way you learn that "recorded sales" means sales to retailers/distributors. Who exactly do you think Sony sells the PS3 to? Did you buy your PS3 from Sony...or a retailer?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

RED53DEVILS said:
it isn't shipped to retailers.In 2007 Sony started to record sales to consumers,so this is the numbers sold to consumers

AHHH! Not again! Stop it, stop it!

Say with me now, We are not the consumers! We are not the consumers!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

@kowenicki

Dude..what's wrong with you lately? Ever since you became a 'contributor' you've been acting pretty weird. This whole thread is a testament to that...stop acting so high and mighty.

23.8 is the sold to consumers as near dammit.

possibly undertracked on VG by about 300k not more than that

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
23.8 is the sold to consumers as near dammit.

possibly undertracked on VG by about 300k not more than that

Brace yourself.

axumblade said:
Wow. A lot of bans are starting to pop up in here. O.O and I completely understand. The people who left the comments are people who have been on here long enough to know what is shipped and what is sold and the other information. Not only that but I'm sure ioi is getting fed up with people making the same complaints over and over.

I'm kind of scared to post now. :P

I'm happy I didn't post in this thread before everything was explained because I pretty didn't knew anything about those data and I would have probably said stupid things.

Ioi, to be honest I agree entirely with your point of view (as I already stated in this thread) and I think that VGC data agrees with this statement (shipped not sold and all that).

I don't think you should ban people just because they didn't read the thread properly though. Just doesn't really look good.