By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony reveals lifetime sales for PS3 and PS3 titles

BHR-3 said:
So uh no one cares to explain why i was gettin shipped posts in my thread wen it stated 22.8 instead of 23.8?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=81383

People automatically shout shipped because this is brought up so much.... however your source made a mistake in saying 22.83 million which they made a note about.

Edit... Ah I see what you were complaining about was people saying "shipped" even when the figure was wrong.... as I said, people say these things automatically because of the number of threads with titles like "X SAYS PS3 SOLD X MILLION, WHY IS VGCHARTZ WRONG!!!!"

In addition, a lot of posters don't read links posted, or possibly don't even read the full first post, so don't even notice a mistake like that.

Around the Network

LOL at this thread.

It's Undertracked, probably by 200k on vgchartz.

TWRoO said:
BHR-3 said:
So uh no one cares to explain why i was gettin shipped posts in my thread wen it stated 22.8 instead of 23.8?

People automatically shout shipped because this is brought up so much.... however your source made a mistake in saying 22.83 million which they made a note about.

Edit... Ah I see what you were complaining about was people saying "shipped" even when the figure was wrong.... as I said, people say these things automatically because of the number of threads with titles like "X SAYS PS3 SOLD X MILLION, WHY IS VGCHARTZ WRONG!!!!"

In addition, a lot of posters don't read links posted, or possibly don't even read the full first post, so don't even notice a mistake like that.

idk y it really matters if the #s are shipped or sold either way it will eventually reach 23.8 sold if its not already there

i just dont like the nip picking and hate everybody doing its not like its expired milk being shipped to the stores meaning no one will buy it, every console shipped will get sold eventually

Play Me

i realized that vgcharts isnt that accurate at all and always in favor of xbox.

Around the Network

i think i just realized how stupid many of the people are on this site. Some of these people have thousands of posts and have been on this site for years and still don't get it. I can't believe the mods have let this go on.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

BHR-3 said:
TWRoO said:
BHR-3 said:

idk y it really matters if the #s are shipped or sold either way it will eventually reach 23.8 sold if its not already there

i just like the nip picking and hate everybody doing its not like its expired milk being shipped to the stores meaning no one will by it every console shipped will get sold eventually

wasn't everybody saying shipped because of the Q1 results?  The whole point of your article was that the xbox 360 only sold .1 million more than the ps3.  However, what I think everybody was pointing out was that the 360 only SHIPPED .1 million more 360's than the ps3.  Those weren't actualy retail to customer figures because they came off of the quarter financial reports.  That is why everybody was saying shipped, had nothing to do with your LTD figures.

PS3 undertracked by up to 500k...?

Okay then. Seems Sony have a lot of stock to clear.

ioi said:
PS3 is NOT undertracked

X360 overtracked then. You can't say 0.4 million in stock for three SKU's is reasonable when 1.2 million PS3's for one sku (two in the states) are apparently on shelves, when we pretty much know Sony is releasing a Slim PS3 in not many months time.