By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - JRPG'S sales figures as of right now

Egghead said:
Even if they didnt fund it, the engine is up and running, what other way to do than on a HD system that its easiest to work on?

But no, tri-Ace confirmed MS funded it, the engine used for IU was used again in SO4. It was a good will gesture to go 360 first, make the most then port.

Really? Because in the interview in which they comfirmed that they where using a multi-platform engine for all there there games, they said that they had been working on it since 2004.

According to rumours the engine started just like the Crystal Tools engine, as a PS3 only engine.

Around the Network

of the listed games, which ones do u think will get a sequel ?

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Munkeh111 said:
Yeah, but you are then making your Japanese install base tiny and damaging the strength of those franchises

If the Japs want more JRPGs on the PS3 then they need to start buyiing the damn thing. The PS3 should be up to 8 million right now, but nope, the Wii is supported more in Japan, and the best RPG on it is Opoona.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

This thread has done me a huge favor. I played SO4 earlier this year and ended up hating it by the end of the game. I'm working my way through IU now and like it better than I liked SO4. But this thread finally gave me the kick in the butt I needed to go pick up Lost Odyssey. I played it for three hours straight this afternoon and LOVED IT!!!!! I can't wait for my wife to get off the TV so I can play some more.

@domicinator, i know what u mean about LOST ODYSSEY , its such a great game :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
Egghead said:
Confirmed Famitsu Numbers

SO4 - 209k
Blue Dragon - 204k
ToV - 192k
TLR - 150k
IU - 113k (Platinum version to release this week)
LO - 110k

These are VERY good numbers, as you can see, LO and BD had good sales over time, but whats more interesting is that so did SO4 and ToV. This means that these games have had a good long term effect. MS needs to continue the hardware sales too keep interest in the 360, because if theres hardware sales, games like these or RE5 will sell steadily with them.

Unfortunately last three weeks have been dire for MS and i hope Gears 2 can have a good effect on hardware. VGC is reporting that software sales havent been any better than when the 360 was around 700-800k so who knows, maybe those people who bought 360s for those JRPGs are already losing interest.

As for Magna Carta II, its difficult to say what will happen. If you look at IU which wasnt bundled, it had a HUGE first day, bigger than ToV in fact and yet its first week sales were only a little bit more, and offcourse it didnt sell for long either. MCII will do something similar, but will sell well alone on the fact that the 360 is now at 1.1 million.

Is that a joke? Compare these sales to PS2 RPGs that were likely made for half the cost. SO4 and ToV are the easiest examples as they costed more than their prequels, but sold less than half of what they did. That's terrible.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Domicinator said:
This thread has done me a huge favor. I played SO4 earlier this year and ended up hating it by the end of the game. I'm working my way through IU now and like it better than I liked SO4. But this thread finally gave me the kick in the butt I needed to go pick up Lost Odyssey. I played it for three hours straight this afternoon and LOVED IT!!!!! I can't wait for my wife to get off the TV so I can play some more.

Oh dear Lord.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Those numbers show one thing:

those games should be multiplatform becouse it seems that PS2 jrpg fanbase is split beetween ps3/x360.

Even late port of ES gave the game about 50% boost.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

seriously, LO should have sold a lot better than it did. That is one of the better jrpgs to come out this gen. it definately deserved to sell 1 mil at least.

lol IU and SO4.