By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - King Of Fighters IGN review "Go buy BlazBlue instead"

Graves said:
Darc Requiem said:
Small roster, no Mai, shoddy on line play. WTF SNK Dubya Tee Eff!

@Graves

I bought MvC2 on XBLA, I want my money back.

I also purchased MvC2 on XBLA and I'm a pig in shit. Its nice to break away from the typical fighters every now and then.

I enjoyed MvC2 in the arcades and on Dreamcast despite it's flaws but the game just felt stale. With all the characters unlocked from beginning, I have even less of an incentive to go back to it. I'll probably play it just to snag a few achievements.

As for KoFXII, what is the deal with the sparse roster. No King, No Mai, No Shingo, no Yuri, etc. 22 Characters would be sufficient for most fighting games but it's pretty weak for a KoF game.

Around the Network

Man, I was affraid that they would do heavy work on presentation overshadowing the features and they made that same mistake alot of companies did back in the day, atleast the core machenics are tuned well, so that's a huge plus for me! Passable will it's still be a buy for me, but not at full price...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

I echo the buy BlazBlue statement.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

KOF is one of my favorite fighting franchise, I will buy it to support SNK so that they can make a better sequel. I still think this game is amazing, but doesn't has as much content as BlazBlue.

outlawauron said:
I echo the buy BlazBlue statement.

But you have a blue username so of course you'd support a game called Blaz Blue.  I'm on to you.

Around the Network

Well i loved KOF and i got this game full price and love it.. ne of the best fighting games out there... i have blazeblue and i dont see what all the hype is about.. its a GG clone...

It doesnt matter none of these compare to SF4 so its all just fun after that game.

Darc Requiem said:
Graves said:
Darc Requiem said:

@Graves

I also purchased MvC2 on XBLA and I'm a pig in shit. Its nice to break away from the typical fighters every now and then.

I enjoyed MvC2 in the arcades and on Dreamcast despite it's flaws but the game just felt stale. With all the characters unlocked from beginning, I have even less of an incentive to go back to it. I'll probably play it just to snag a few achievements.

As for KoFXII, what is the deal with the sparse roster. No King, No Mai, No Shingo, no Yuri, etc. 22 Characters would be sufficient for most fighting games but it's pretty weak for a KoF game.

It simple the company that they do not have monetary assesstsa to make a big roster HD game in one shot.Now that they have the engine in place place expect sequel to have more characters but not a crazy amount like in Unlimited match.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

Exblackman said:
Darc Requiem said:
Graves said:
Darc Requiem said:

@Graves

It simple the company that they do not have monetary assesstsa to make a big roster HD game in one shot.Now that they have the engine in place place expect sequel to have more characters but not a crazy amount like in Unlimited match.

It's even simpler than that:  DLC.

I love King of Fighters. Hardcore fans of the series will like it despite minor things missing.

Ok, this is off topic, but this reminded me of a guy that appeared on TV and called his son Iori because of this game.