By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - King Of Fighters IGN review "Go buy BlazBlue instead"

I will buy BlazBlue instead then.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
hanafuda said:
I've had more fun playing a couple of hours of XII than the entire time I spent with SF IV.

Probably speaks more to the quality of SF4 than KOF XII.

SF IV and Blaz Blue are probably better overall packages, but in the heat of a match with another player, none of that shiz counts for anything. If you like KOF you should love this, just make sure you have someone to play it with and a good Internet connection. If you want something where so and so beats the boss, gets married, and lives happily ever after, look elsewhere.

PSN - hanafuda

Darc Requiem said:
Graves said:
Darc Requiem said:
Small roster, no Mai, shoddy on line play. WTF SNK Dubya Tee Eff!

@Graves

I bought MvC2 on XBLA, I want my money back.

I also purchased MvC2 on XBLA and I'm a pig in shit. Its nice to break away from the typical fighters every now and then.

I enjoyed MvC2 in the arcades and on Dreamcast despite it's flaws but the game just felt stale. With all the characters unlocked from beginning, I have even less of an incentive to go back to it. I'll probably play it just to snag a few achievements.

As for KoFXII, what is the deal with the sparse roster. No King, No Mai, No Shingo, no Yuri, etc. 22 Characters would be sufficient for most fighting games but it's pretty weak for a KoF game.

Online play is an incentive to keep playing. Playing the computer gets old fast. I won't buy a fighter unless it has online play. Which is why I never purchased Soul Calibur on Live.

KoF XII wouldn't suck if the netcode was so bad. It does, so most people think the game sucks.

Doesn't look like much fun at all.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
hanafuda said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
hanafuda said:
I've had more fun playing a couple of hours of XII than the entire time I spent with SF IV.

Probably speaks more to the quality of SF4 than KOF XII.

SF IV and Blaz Blue are probably better overall packages, but in the heat of a match with another player, none of that shiz counts for anything. If you like KOF you should love this, just make sure you have someone to play it with and a good Internet connection. If you want something where so and so beats the boss, gets married, and lives happily ever after, look elsewhere.

Exactly. KOF has always been quality because of the one on one. I've never been a fan of the campaign. It's not Tekken.

Garamond said:
KoF XII wouldn't suck if the netcode was so bad. It does, so most people think the game sucks.

The net issues seem to affect the US more. I can get lag free matches easily in Japan. A shame. I hope it is sorted soon.

PSN - hanafuda

hanafuda said:
Garamond said:

The net issues seem to affect the US more. I can get lag free matches easily in Japan. A shame. I hope it is sorted soon.

Obviously because there are far less people playing in Japan.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
hanafuda said:
Garamond said:

I think Japan has a better internet structure overall, and because Japan isn't as large as America connections should run much smoother than in the US. This game with good online is pretty good, and if that's the case in Japan I'm happy to hear it, but when I tried to play a few matches all of them lagged and I ended up playing Blazblue for a couple hours instead. I want to like KOF XII, but without a good netcode I don't see it happening.

Garamond said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
hanafuda said:
Garamond said:

I think Japan has a better internet structure overall, and because Japan isn't as large as America connections should run much smoother than in the US. This game with good online is pretty good, and if that's the case in Japan I'm happy to hear it, but when I tried to play a few matches all of them lagged and I ended up playing Blazblue for a couple hours instead. I want to like KOF XII, but without a good netcode I don't see it happening.

Garamond is correct. Japan is roughly the size of California and the US is roughly the size of Australia. It's far easier for developers to get on-line titles to run smoothly in Japan because it's smaller land area.